Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Brewers 8-24-20

Re: Reds @ Brewers 8-24-20

Not a fan of the intentional walk here. Yelich isn't the Yelich of last year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

So Yelich will steal on the first off speed pitch to eliminate the DP

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Not a fan of the intentional walk here. Yelich isn't the Yelich of last year.
    He’s trending that direction though and has hit Reds a bit

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I mean, this is ridiculous. No other team wastes as much money on veteran players than the reds?

To put this in perspective: when they signed Moose it was the biggest free agent signing in Reds history. $64 million. Teams like the Red Sox, Yankees, Dbacks, Angels, Dodgers, Mariners, etc regularly give gigantic contracts to aging veterans.

You seem to be tripping, sir.
    reading can be difficult. you left out some very key words there, but nice try. "small market" was somehow omitted by you (otherwise you would have realized bringing up markets such as new york, LA and boston would not apply). also, "past their prime" was amazingly overlooked as well.

6. Likes:

Jomama (08-24-2020)

Good play by Ervin, but a victim of the line of his strong throw being in line with the baserunner. Maybe a surgical throw just 4' to the outside of 3B would have got the DP! But I doubt Geno's tagging skills would have been up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    He’s trending that direction though and has hit Reds a bit
    If it results in runs, then I stand by what I said.

If they get a double play out of this, then I will admit I was wrong.

Instead of Bauer giving the intentional walk, it seems like it would be better to have the reliever give the IBB, so that he only has to face 2 batters minimum instead of 3. I guess it doesn't matter though , I am sure they will live and die with Antone. (Not criticizing that)
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

10. Likes:

Rantly (08-24-2020)

Nice throw by Castellanos.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

12. Likes:

REDREAD (08-24-2020)

New pitcher very good job backing up far enough behind home.

I get the reason for the sliding mitten but they look goofy. Like they’re going to get a pizza out of the oven.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Nice job by Antone.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    reading can be difficult. you left out some very key words there, but nice try. "small market" was somehow omitted by you (otherwise you would have realized bringing up markets such as new york, LA and boston would not apply). also, "past their prime" was amazingly overlooked as well.
    I did miss “small market” however I am not going to agree with your statement. The reds almost never spend on free agency. They pick up bullpen arms and bench players on free agency usually. This is pretty much the first time in my life I can remember them signing any players of note in FA. And Castellanos is 28 years old. Not past his prime. Moustakas is 31. In his prime.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    He's using a little larger sample size than this season to date.
    Yeah, there's really not much evidence he knows what he's using or why.

I'm wondering when the Reds last won a game in which they didn't hit any home runs. So often, solo shots are the only offense.

Here we go!

Turn Off Ads?