Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Brewers 8-24-20

Re: Reds @ Brewers 8-24-20

No DP this inning. At least they cleared thru Votto's spot to start next inning!

2. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-24-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Votto. Black hole.
    he has been most of the season.....for the first time I cringe when I see he is up to bat in an inning
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

This is really what we are going to do? Just pile crap on arguably the best hitter the Reds have ever had? Neat. There are so many awful performances thus far this season. Why is Votto, the person who has literally earned every dollar of his contract, the guy we want to crap on? I get it is somewhat in jest, but the lack of respect for an all-time great is pretty ridiculous.

Maybe I am being a stick in the mud, but I have no interest in crapping on Votto when there are plenty of other players not producing who have not paid for themselves.
    Last edited by Cursh14; 08-24-2020 at 08:55 PM.

6. Likes:

podgejeff_ (08-24-2020),Ron Madden (08-24-2020)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    he has been most of the season.....for the first time I cringe when I see he is up to bat in an inning
    Been doing it since the 1st half of last season
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Votto now 0 for his last 13

Quote Originally Posted by Cursh14 View Post
    Votto shouldn't even be playing? We are going to just disregard the HOF player's career from a bad start? Yeah, I am going to have to disagree there. Sure, he is in decline. But this would be the first time he has not shown the ability to get on base consistently.
    Votto was bad vs lefties last year...just a .656 OPS

Votto was good along with Catellanos the first series, but the bullpen cost a good start!

This is really what we are going to do? Just pile crap on arguably the best hitter the Reds have ever had? Neat.
    He's absolutely the best hitter the Reds ever had. That doesn't help him in his next PA.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

12. Likes:

Bunting Bad (08-24-2020),Indymoon (08-24-2020)

This is really what we are going to do? Just pile crap on arguably the best hitter the Reds have ever had? Neat.
    Give me a break people just sick of watching the reds not score. He was a great player nobody's questioning. But here's the deal I could give a crap what he did in 2017. He is Beyond criticism
    Crazy Reds Fan

14. Likes:

MrRedSkull (08-24-2020),RedsFanInMS (08-24-2020)

Votto looks incredibly weak at the plate. Everyone thinks batting him lead off is a terrible idea, except our genius manager. Bell seems to have a very stubborn streak when it comes to his bad decision-making.

16. Likes:

Jomama (08-24-2020),malcontent (08-24-2020),MrRedSkull (08-24-2020)

i don't think anyone is saying release him. Move him down in the order. Give him days off against LH pitching. His skills have diminished. He was a great player, one of the best the Reds have had. He isn't that player anymore.

18. Likes:

Jomama (08-24-2020),Monster Man (08-24-2020),MrRedSkull (08-24-2020),mth123 (08-24-2020),REDREAD (08-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    It is funny he wrote Buds for his bet he has with Budweiser on the strikeouts
    Hahaha saw that on twitter the other day. Cincinnati Buds

20. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-24-2020)

This is really what we are going to do? Just pile crap on arguably the best hitter the Reds have ever had? Neat. There are so many awful performances thus far this season. Why is Votto, the person who has literally earned every dollar of his contract, the guy we want to crap on? I get it is somewhat in jest, but the lack of respect for an all-time great is pretty ridiculous.

Maybe I am being a stick in the mud, but I have no interest in crapping on Votto when there are plenty of other players not producing who have not paid for themselves.
    He's having a bad year. Discussing it in real time doesn't diminish his past accomplishments.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Votto now 0 for his last 13
    Two more hitless ABs to the interstate exit.

- - - Updated - - -

Ballgame.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Fastballs to Smoak on a 3-2 count are not working!

Turn Off Ads?