Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Brewers 8-24-20

Re: Reds @ Brewers 8-24-20

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Release him? They still owe him $82MM. That means he'll be hitting 1, 2, or 3 for the next three years, lol.
    Honestly if players had performed how we expected he should be 6-7 this year. At some point he’s got to move out of the top of the order.

2. Turn Off Ads?

2nd time thrue 2-9 spots for the Reds may be the ticket to success.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    If only the Reds had a hitter like Justin Smoak
    Or any of the hapless Pirates, who scored 24 runs in a 3-game sweep of these clowns the last three days.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

5. Likes:

REDREAD (08-24-2020),Tom Servo (08-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Cursh14 View Post
    I get that he is having a bad year. Calling him a black hole and saying he shouldn't even play is just frustrating. I know much of annoyance is watching Votto in decline. I know I am likely being hypersensitive here. I just don't get how hard people go after Votto. Suarez is in his prime in theory, doesn't have the issue with XBA vs BA due to shifting, etc and he is called out much less frequently. It's a minor issue overall. I don't disagree that there are real questions with his performance. I am not sure there is a clear alternative answer.

TL;DR: I get it. I just want Votto to be great again, and constantly hearing people crap on one of the greatest hitters of this generation just drives me a little crazy despite his obvious issues this past season and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    maybe Bauer should quit goofing off, and figure out how to get Justin Smoak out
    I am beginning to think I should just avoid game threads. You are really going to complain about Bauer now? How many SP go an entire season with a 0.6 ERA (hint... the answer is none).

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    Votto will never get into Cooperstown.
    Even if he doesn't get in via the writers vote, you KNOW a veteran's committee will vote him in.

9. Likes:

Cursh14 (08-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Cursh14 View Post
    I get that he is having a bad year. Calling him a black hole and saying he shouldn't even play is just frustrating. I know much of annoyance is watching Votto in decline. I know I am likely being hypersensitive here. I just don't get how hard people go after Votto. Suarez is in his prime in theory, doesn't have the issue with XBA vs BA due to shifting, etc and he is called out much less frequently. It's a minor issue overall. I don't disagree that there are real questions with his performance. I am not sure there is a clear alternative answer.

TL;DR: I get it. I just want Votto to be great again, and constantly hearing people crap on one of the greatest hitters of this generation just drives me a little crazy despite his obvious issues this past season and a half.
    I agree with you. Just think how Votto feels. I see him as a man of immense pride. I imagine it is eating him up inside.

11. Likes:

Cursh14 (08-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    Votto will never get into Cooperstown.
    He needed a couple of more good years after 2017 and he didn’t get them.

ugg, down 3-0

Since Mr Anderson is pitching for the Brewers, the Reds should have used Agent Smith as the DH.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Votto is almost 37 years old, not going to be great again.

15. Likes:

MrRedSkull (08-24-2020)

.499 OPS for Joey over the last 15 games. Uffda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I'm out of the game thread for tonight, going to watch the rest of the game in peace.

God I wish RedsZone still had the Sundeck

18. Likes:

Cursh14 (08-24-2020),Rantly (08-24-2020)

Castellanos busting it up the line and makes something happen.

20. Likes:

MrRedSkull (08-24-2020)

dumpster fires refer to really bad things as "2020 reds."

Brewers 2-6 at home so you’d figure they will win some at home soon.

Would like to see Reds take this series but won’t happen the way they are playing.

23. Likes:

REDREAD (08-24-2020)

Turn Off Ads?