Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hurricane Laura and the California Wildfires

Hurricane Laura and the California Wildfires

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hurricane Laura and the California Wildfires

I think Laura may end up being one of the storms we end up remembering.....sadly.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

We've been surrounded by fires (River, Carmel, Dolan, CZU lightning complex) for the past week and a half. Our area isn't threatened, but I've had coworkers who evacuated, and one of my wife's coworker lost her home. It's been crazy here.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    We've been surrounded by fires (River, Carmel, Dolan, CZU lightning complex) for the past week and a half. Our area isn't threatened, but I've had coworkers who evacuated, and one of my wife's coworker lost her home. It's been crazy here.
    Stay safe...and I hope you and those you care for get through the fires without loss.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-28-2020),Revering4Blue (08-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I can't believe how large those fires are to heavily populated areas.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Glad that Laura hit landfall (1:00 a.m. CST) when it did instead of the later time predicted which would have coincided with high-tide (6 a.m. CST) which would have made the storm surge 6 feet higher than it actually was. So many more would have perished and so many more would have lost their homes and businesses.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-28-2020)

Turn Off Ads?