3. Keston Hiura (R) DH
    4. Justin Smoak (S) 1B
    5. Ben Gamel (L) RF
    6. Omar Narvaez (L) C
    7. Orlando Arcia (R) SS
    8. Jace Peterson (L) 2B
    9. Eric Sogard (L) 3B
    SP Adrian Houser (R)
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 08-27-2020 at 01:24 PM.

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-27-2020),NebraskaRed (08-27-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8-27-20 Reds @ Brewers Game 1

Bring up a hot young kid and there are so many guys not hitting, it's hard to know which one to sit. I think sitting Votto is the right call. I'd sit him both games.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

The Brewers lineup has been added to the original post

Yea, given the fact that the team has done so poorly lately, it's smart to give Votto some rest to clear his head.
    It's also smart to give Garcia some playing time. This "on the job training" is probably going to help his development more
    than working out at Prasco, even if Garcia is overmatched at the plate (I don't know how he's going to perform). Might as well give Payton some playing time too, to see if he's worth keeping.

With Sonny on the mound, I feel good about our chances to win, no matter what the lineup is

I'd also like to see Shogo start the next 15 games, let's see if he can get into some kind of groove or if he's a bust.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Yea, given the fact that the team has done so poorly lately, it's smart to give Votto some rest to clear his head.
    It's also smart to give Garcia some playing time. This "on the job training" is probably going to help his development more
    than working out at Prasco, even if Garcia is overmatched at the plate (I don't know how he's going to perform). Might as well give Payton some playing time too, to see if he's worth keeping.

With Sonny on the mound, I feel good about our chances to win, no matter what the lineup is

I'd also like to see Shogo start the next 15 games, let's see if he can get into some kind of groove or if he's a bust.
    Absolutely. Team's going nowhere, and we signed Shogo to a 3 year deal. At the very least, let's find out exactly what we have there.

I'd also love to see them trade Senzel, but I can't see any way that happens before the 31st.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

8. Likes:

REDREAD (08-27-2020)

my understanding is Garcia will be the everyday SS for the remainder of the season?

#FreeAquino #FreeStephenson
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    my understanding is Garcia will be the everyday SS for the remainder of the season?

That's what David Bell said, he also said that doesn't mean every inning of every game.

The only change from yesterday's lineup, vs. the same pitcher, is at catcher. With the change today to Casali in the first game, I presume Bell was planning to use Tucker to start last night and tonight, but now with 2 games today, the match-ups with our pitchers and the Milw pitchers, he'd rather start Curt in the 1st game and Tucker in the 2nd game.

C. トレント・ローズクランズ
    @ctrent
    FYI, the #Reds can have a 29th man for the second game tonight, but they do not need to decide on who that will be until after Game 1. They can pick anyone from the taxi squad

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    #Reds rotation: Tyler Mahle will start vs. Cubs on Friday. Trevor Bauer will start 1 of the doubleheader games on Saturday. The rest is still TBA.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 08-27-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    The only change from yesterday's lineup, vs. the same pitcher, is at catcher. With the change today to Casali in the first game, I presume Bell was planning to use Tucker to start last night and tonight, but now with 2 games today, the match-ups with our pitchers and the Milw pitchers, he'd rather start Curt in the 1st game and Tucker in the 2nd game.
    Maybe Tyler Stephenson will be the 29th man and start game 2. We can only hope.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

15. Likes:

mhs95_06 (08-27-2020),NC Reds (08-27-2020),REDREAD (08-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post

Next 10 years?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Next 10 years?
    Only 10?

Is the game on TV today I just turned it on and it's some kind of other garbage
    Crazy Reds Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    Is the game on TV today I just turned it on and it's some kind of other garbage
    I have it on fso

Turn Off Ads?