Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Senzel Update?

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Senzel Update?

Does anyone have a Nick Senzel update? Rotoworld does not have any update since the Reds placed him on the IL and I have not seen anything from any of the Reds' beat writers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Senzel Update?

Today marks 2 weeks so it should be any day now right?

Trade him to the Indians for Plesac
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Trade him to the Indians for Plesac
    And who plays CF every day? Shogo has been miserable and I do not see signs of improvement. CF is our biggest hole, especially with Garcia up at SS.

Could the Reds use a better 5th starter? Sure. But, Mahle, Disco and Miley prevent us from having a black hole at the back of the rotation, and prevent the Reds from having a pressing need.

6. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-28-2020),MR X (08-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    And who plays CF every day? Shogo has been miserable and I do not see signs of improvement. CF is our biggest hole, especially with Garcia up at SS.

Could the Reds use a better 5th starter? Sure. But, Mahle, Disco and Miley prevent us from having a black hole at the back of the rotation, and prevent the Reds from having a pressing need.
    Plesac wouldn’t be a 5th starter, he’d be a TOR starter for the next 3-4 years. It’s not a move for this year, it’s a move for the future. Plesac is who would replace Bauer.

This offseason go out and get a real CF that doesn’t get injured so often. I understand he’s out right now with COVID, but we all know he’s injury prone at this point.

I’m not really concerned about this BS season at this point, time to look towards next year.

Plesac wouldn’t be a 5th starter, he’d be a TOR starter for the next 3-4 years. It’s not a move for this year, it’s a move for the future. Plesac is who would replace Bauer.

This offseason go out and get a real CF that doesn’t get injured so often. I understand he’s out right now with COVID, but we all know he’s injury prone at this point.

I’m not really concerned about this BS season at this point, time to look towards next year.
    Plesac has been great this year, but it is only 3 starts. You have to factor in that he has almost no draft pedigree and a career xFIP of 4.73. That is no lock for a TOR starter for the next 3 - 4 years.

I believe Senzel is more likely to be a long-term contributor than Plesac, even factoring in his vertigo and struggles to stay on the field.

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-28-2020),ochoa30 (08-28-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I think they really need to hang onto Nick, nagging injuries or not. It did look like he was turning the corner and starting to become a good hitter what time he has been on the field this season.

The lineup sucks so bad, I think their best course of action is probably to just open up the vaults for Bauer and keep Senzel in CF

11. Likes:

Edd Roush (08-28-2020),mth123 (08-28-2020),ochoa30 (08-28-2020),Old school 1983 (08-28-2020),REDREAD (09-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Plesac has been great this year, but it is only 3 starts. You have to factor in that he has almost no draft pedigree and a career xFIP of 4.73. That is no lock for a TOR starter for the next 3 - 4 years.

I believe Senzel is more likely to be a long-term contributor than Plesac, even factoring in his vertigo and struggles to stay on the field.
    Shane Bieber didn’t have a pedigree either. Now he’s the best pitcher in the AL.

13. Likes:

forfreelin04 (09-01-2020)

Shane Bieber didn’t have a pedigree either. Now he’s the best pitcher in the AL.
    You are using the exception to prove the rule.

15. Likes:

Griffey012 (08-31-2020),PuffyPig (08-28-2020),RedlegJake (08-28-2020),Ron Madden (08-31-2020)

And both are a product of the Indians great pitching development. Perhaps we should continue to let our own program run its course?
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I think they really need to hang onto Nick, nagging injuries or not. It did look like he was turning the corner and starting to become a good hitter what time he has been on the field this season.

The lineup sucks so bad, I think their best course of action is probably to just open up the vaults for Bauer and keep Senzel in CF
    I lean towards holding onto him...but would no longer oppose moving him if real value was returned this offseason.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

19. Likes:

forfreelin04 (09-01-2020)

Senzel posted on his instagram after some twitter comments that he was doing well and would be back on the field soon. So..he's alive.

Name:  EgxyRAWX0AE8YyQ.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  152.2 KB

21. Likes:

Edd Roush (09-01-2020),GAC (09-01-2020),ochoa30 (09-01-2020),RED VAN HOT (09-02-2020),RedTeamGo! (09-01-2020),Revering4Blue (09-01-2020),Ron Madden (09-01-2020),SirFelixCat (09-01-2020),WildcatFan (09-01-2020),Wonderful Monds (09-01-2020)

John Fay
    @johnfayman

Senzel will start to work at Prasco today. Bell said it will take some time for Senzel to get ready. #reds

23. Likes:

ochoa30 (09-01-2020),Ron Madden (09-01-2020)

I would think 3-4 days would be enough....
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

my gosh, i'm just glad this virus did not kill him. it's so lethal for people his age.

/s

26. Likes:

RedsFanInMS (09-03-2020)

Turn Off Ads?