3. Javier Baez (R) SS
    4. Kyle Schwarber (L) LF
    5. Willson Contreras (R) DH
    6. Jason Heyward (L) RF
    7. David Bote (R) 3B
    8. Victor Caratini (S) C
    9. Jason Kipnis (L) 2B
    SP Kyle Hendricks (R)
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 08-28-2020 at 02:49 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8-28-20 Reds vs Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    First Pitch 7:10 PM

Reds
    1. Shogo Akiyama (L) CF
    2. Nick Castellanos (R) RF
    3. Jesse Winker (L) LF
    4. Eugenio Suarez (R) 3B
    5. Mike Moustakas (L) 1B
    6. Matt Davidson (R) DH
    7. Freddy Galvis (S) 2B
    8. Jose Garcia (R) SS
    9. Tucker Barnhart (L) C
    SP Tyler Mahle (R)

Cubs

SP Kyle Hendricks (R)

I will post the Cubs lineup when it becomes available
    Still no Votto. Davidson against a RH with Winker in LF and Payton on the bench?????
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Still no Votto. Davidson against a RH with Winker in LF and Payton on the bench?????
    I may wrong about this but isn’t Hendricks one of those weird RHPs that is nails against LHH?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

Ironman92 (08-28-2020),PuffyPig (08-28-2020)

I didn’t watch the games yesterday, was Votto in the dugout?

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    I didn’t watch the games yesterday, was Votto in the dugout?
    He sat in the stands dressed in his RCMP uniform, drinking Molsons, and hecking Bell until he was ejected in the third inning of game 2 for taunting Bell with words that rhyme with Bell. It was "Hey Bell, I yell that you smell" that lead to Votto being ejected and sent to the Miller Park Starbucks to sober up. He could hear muttering "Nibbles is coming, Nibbles is coming" under his breath as he stumbled through the aisles.

Edit: I didn't watch the games (no access) but I have not seen proof that the above did not happen.
    Last edited by klw; 08-28-2020 at 02:02 PM.

8. Likes:

Bunting Bad (08-28-2020),JaxRed (08-28-2020),NebraskaRed (08-28-2020),Red Raindog (08-28-2020),RiverRat13 (08-28-2020),Shoeless Jeff (08-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I may wrong about this but isn’t Hendricks one of those weird RHPs that is nails against LHH?
    Lifetime, Hendricks is about the same against lefties and righties. The usual advantage for LHH v RHP is tiny or altogether absent with him.

That could explain why Davidson over Payton. Or they just think Payton would have trouble with Hendricks.

The Cubs lineup has been added to the original post

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Lifetime, Hendricks is about the same against lefties and righties. The usual advantage for LHH v RHP is tiny or altogether absent with him.

That could explain why Davidson over Payton. Or they just think Payton would have trouble with Hendricks.
    Yeah, but isn't the issue more how Davidson fares against RHP? I think it's more specific to him than to Hendricks. Davidson didn't play either game last night. This is probably just getting him a start. I'd have played Moose at 2B and benched Galvis with Payton in LF and Winker at DH.

The Galvis/Moose combo at 2B/1B last night seemed much better defensively than we've seen this year from the Reds on that side of the IF. I guess the choice was to weaken the OF with Winker instead of Payton or weaken the IF with Davidson/Mosse instead of Moose/Galvis.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    First Pitch 7:10 PM

Reds
    1. Shogo Akiyama (L) CF
    2. Nick Castellanos (R) RF
    3. Jesse Winker (L) LF
    4. Eugenio Suarez (R) 3B
    5. Mike Moustakas (L) 1B
    6. Matt Davidson (R) DH
    7. Freddy Galvis (S) 2B
    8. Jose Garcia (R) SS
    9. Tucker Barnhart (L) C
    SP Tyler Mahle (R)

Cubs
    1. Ian Happ (S) CF
    2. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B
    3. Javier Baez (R) SS
    4. Kyle Schwarber (L) LF
    5. Willson Contreras (R) DH
    6. Jason Heyward (L) RF
    7. David Bote (R) 3B
    8. Victor Caratini (S) C
    9. Jason Kipnis (L) 2B
    SP Kyle Hendricks (R)
    So unlike the Cubs lineup, on paper the Reds' lineup appears to be Happless.

On the plus side, Cubs fans won't outnumber Reds fans at GABP tonight!

Edit: That's all I have folks, enjoy the game!
    Last edited by klw; 08-28-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post

The Galvis/Moose combo at 2B/1B last night seemed much better defensively than we've seen this year from the Reds on that side of the IF. I guess the choice was to weaken the OF with Winker instead of Payton or weaken the IF with Davidson/Mosse instead of Moose/Galvis.
    I was thinking about the defensive point today. Votto, Moustakas, Galvis and Suarez is a slow infield. Using Galvis and Garcia in the middle infield did seem better defensively.

It raises a number of issues about the future, should an infielder be DH, does Winker play more OF, goes beyond the scope of a game thread. But your defensive point is well taken.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-28-2020 at 04:22 PM.

14. Likes:

REDREAD (08-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I was thinking about the defensive point today. Votto, Moustakas, Galvis and Suarez is a slow infield. Using Galvis and Garcia in the middle infield did seem better defensively.

It raises a number of issues about the future, should an infielder be DH, does Winker play more OF, goes beyond the scope of a game thread. But your defensive point is well taken.
    Suarez 1B, Galvis 2B, Garcia SS and Moose at 3B. That's probably the best defensive IF they can use. I'm assuminmg Suarez would be as good as Moose at 1B. I'm pretty surer Moose is better than Suarez at 3B. Of course, Votto is going to play. I'd sit Galvis in play Moose at 2B. Galvis/Farmer would be a really solid bench for the IF. Get a LF and stick Shogo on the bench. Suddenly the team doesn't look like a bunch of minor leaguers.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    So unlike the Cubs lineup, on paper the Reds' lineup appears to be Happless.

Edit: That's all I have folks, enjoy the game!
    Well done, sir.

When Votto returns Galvis will probably go to the bench for this season.

But going forward they’ll have to accommodate Votto, Moose, Suarez, Winker, Castellanos, none of whom is a particularly good fielder and several of whom are slow.

That’s five of seven positions excluding catcher and DH. Castellanos probably just stays in RF, but the rest is open for discussion, especially with the DH position available.

I was waiting on today’s lineup to see what they would do with Votto. This could be the beginning of reducing his playing time and hopefully moving him to the back end of the lineup. I’d love for him to turn it around but I’m not sure that’s possible at this point.

C. トレント・ローズクランズ
    @ctrent
    ·
    5m
    #Reds Joey Votto: "I've been here before... I don't feel beat by this."

"I have no excuses, I just need to be better."

'My tone may sound frustrated, but I'm responsible for that."

John Fay
    @johnfayman

Votto says he's going to go the Bell and ask if he can go to Prasco and play to get work in. #reds

20. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-28-2020),Tom Servo (08-28-2020)

Turn Off Ads?