Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-21 Euro soccer thread

Re: 2020-21 Euro soccer thread

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Modric just signed a contract extension for another year. There's talk Bale could retire after the Euros. If there's a taker for Hazard, he's gone. And, yes, Varane seems highly likely to be sold. I still think rumors of Ramos leaving are puppet theater. If Varane is going, the new manager will want Sergio to help lock down the back line. David Alaba, who just signed, is more of a multi-position floater.

Mind you, a lot of what they do will hinge on how hard UEFA lowers the boom on them for the Super League fiasco.
    They instituted a 10% across the board pay cut yet still purchased Alaba? I can only hope they can’t upload and are either stuck with players or sell without being able to replace. I would like to see Sevilla or Villarreal or even Betis make this league more competitive.

2. Likes:

M2 (05-29-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    They instituted a 10% across the board pay cut yet still purchased Alaba? I can only hope they can’t upload and are either stuck with players or sell without being able to replace. I would like to see Sevilla or Villarreal or even Betis make this league more competitive.
    I think the urgency on SuperLiga was the teams at the top can hear the footsteps coming up from behind them. I said this last year and I'm even more convinced now, sometime this decade Sevilla will win the league. If Madrid actually stiffs Sergio, that's where I think he should go (Isco too).

As for the money, Alaba's getting paid absurd money for the next five years. Sure doesn't seem like the actions of a club in financial distress. I can't sort it out. Either they're slitting their own throat or they're lying about their financial situation. I suppose it could be a mix of both.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I think the urgency on SuperLiga was the teams at the top can hear the footsteps coming up from behind them. I said this last year and I'm even more convinced now, sometime this decade Sevilla will win the league. If Madrid actually stiffs Sergio, that's where I think he should go (Isco too).

As for the money, Alaba's getting paid absurd money for the next five years. Sure doesn't seem like the actions of a club in financial distress. I can't sort it out. Either they're slitting their own throat or they're lying about their financial situation. I suppose it could be a mix of both.

Both RM and Barcelona are pleading lack of funds but like BOA. Too big to fail. Fear and Loathing in La Liga. They have to be in CL at all costs. I know Barcelona was approved for a loan to help with their wage Bill

Top two Italian coaches return to previous successful teams. Allegri returns to Juve after a two year break. Ancelotti returns to Madrid.

7. Likes:

M2 (06-02-2021)

Euros start tomorrow. Who you got?

Belgium
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Feel like Italy will do well. If I had to bet I’d go with France.

The Netherlands has an extremely easy group stage and possibly an easy draw to start the knockout phase (though it could draw the odd team out from the France/Portugal/Germany bracket). It's a team that's probably going to have the luxury of playing into a rhythm.

France will win. When is the last time Finland made the euros? I am very curious about their squad and tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    When is the last time Finland made the euros? I am very curious about their squad and tactics.
    They've never qualified for a major tournament before this one. I think the plan is to get the ball to Pukki. Just noticed they've got two Minnesota United guys on the squad. That's pretty cool.

Italy looked rock solid
    What would you say.....ya do here?

15. Likes:

schmidty622 (06-11-2021)

Oh my god Erikson looks to have just died on the field in this Denmark Finland match.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Oh my god Erikson looks to have just died on the field in this Denmark Finland match.
    My god. That was just horrendous. I really hope he’s ok, but damn.

Reading now they may have saved him. Pictures coming out that he was conscious while leaving the field.

UEFA just put out a statement that he has “stabilized” and is at a local hospital.

Whew…

20. Likes:

schmidty622 (06-12-2021),Yachtzee (06-12-2021)

Turn Off Ads?