Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 8-29-20 Reds vs Cubs Game 2

Re: 8-29-20 Reds vs Cubs Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Votto and Winker left it first and started the emptying of the benches.

WTH was Bell arguing???? Nothing, just being petty....either that or he was trying to delay the Cubs pitcher maybe as the Cubs did try to Antone.

Why does everyone need protected? Bell left the dugout...he doesn’t need protection to argue with ump or even Rizzo. Rizzo going to come at him and miss 10 games? No, no he is not. Just a bunch of testosterone floating amuck.
    Votto was barking, there was a chance he’d get tossed right there.

Ridiculous that a Votto and Winker were tossed just for approaching the ump.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Rizzo is such a baby.
    He is in my bottom 5 least favorite players in the game. Major ******bag.

WTH was Bell arguing???? Nothing, just being petty....either that or he was trying to delay the Cubs pitcher maybe as the Cubs did try to Antone.

Why does everyone need protected? Bell left the dugout...he doesn’t need protection to argue with ump or even Rizzo. Rizzo going to come at him and miss 10 games? No, no he is not. Just a bunch of testosterone floating amuck.
    Arguably, Votto started the entire nonsense too, by yelling about that pitch.
    Hopefully he learns his lesson and hopefully this does not cost us the game.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

The way I saw it play out was....the Ump heard Joey say something from the dugout and walking over to warn him or something....Bell jumped out there to try to ensure Joey did not get tossed. Once he accomplished that, Rizzo baited him and Bell fell for it....which caused the players to come out to back up Bell.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

6. Likes:

Indymoon (08-29-2020)

At least Bruce gets his wish.

It really was completely unnecessary and stupid of the Reds to get their guys ejected. I'd fire Bell on the spot. He was the root cause on this one.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

9. Likes:

Jomama (08-29-2020),REDREAD (08-29-2020),UPRedsFan (08-29-2020)

Well, now we know what it takes for Aquino to play.

11. Likes:

Jomama (08-29-2020)

I agree Bell made a mistake engaging Rizzo but I don’t think I could help myself there either.

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Votto was barking, there was a chance he’d get tossed right there.

Ridiculous that a Votto and Winker were tossed just for approaching the ump.
    Votto and Winker need to be aware of the situation though.
    Rizzo was already on the field, he's going to be given more slack.
    Votto was yelling from the dugout, then came out.
    The ump is not going to put up with that, especially after Votto was the one that initially started the yelling after the pitch.
    Yes, the Cubs are baby trolls, but the Reds need to be smarter than that.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Just terrible.

Wow. Castellanos drops the fly ball

17. Likes:

REDREAD (08-29-2020)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Dear Heaven.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

19. Likes:

REDREAD (08-29-2020)

Sweet mercy

21. Likes:

REDREAD (08-29-2020)

Now Castellonos can't catch the ball, drops it, should be a 2 base error.

Wasn’t someone saying the other day that Castellanos is actually good on defense. Love the guy, but he’s not
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

24. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (08-29-2020),Red Raindog (08-29-2020),Ron Madden (08-29-2020),Wonderful Monds (08-29-2020)

Turn Off Ads?