Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: aquino

aquino

wow why didnt I think of that,

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: aquino

You are on fire tonight.

4. Likes:

BillDoran (08-30-2020),Hamilton95 (08-30-2020)

its ok the moron manager was tossed and probably wasnt watching and will start jankowski tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    its ok the moron manager was tossed and probably wasnt watching and will start jankowski tomorrow
    Ummm what?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    Good. Jank needs more playing time.

If Aquino can truly play CF, which I think he can and have advocated for him to get some time in CF since last season....then I really do not see a reason for Jankowski to be on the roster once Senzel returns. I also think that Aquino can give us everything if not more as a bench bat that Davidson provides. I am not saying I know that Aquino should be on the field everyday....but I do think he should be in the OF rotation, the DH rotation, and be a utilized bat off the bench until he proves he should be on the field everyday or proves he should not be on the roster.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

9. Likes:

Eric in IL (08-30-2020),goreds2 (08-30-2020),Hamilton95 (08-30-2020),Revering4Blue (08-30-2020)

Jankowski got sent to the alternate training site days ago

11. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (08-30-2020),Boss-Hog (08-29-2020),Old school 1983 (08-30-2020),reds77 (08-29-2020),westofyou (08-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Jankowski got sent to the alternate training site days ago
    I must have missed that transaction....nothing personal against the guy, just do not see the value when he is such a bad hitter.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-29-2020)

Aquíno drew a walk in his first AB, then in his next, with runners on base, the Reds down a run, needing a hit, he shortened his swing and hit a line drive up the middle. That was quintessential Tony Perez in that AB.

That impressed me much more than if he had hit a homer.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

15. Likes:

bagz (08-30-2020),goreds2 (08-30-2020),Hamilton95 (08-30-2020),OGB (08-30-2020),Tuff Nut (08-30-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Aquíno drew a walk in his first AB, then in his next, with runners on base, the Reds down a run, needing a hit, he shortened his swing and hit a line drive up the middle. That was quintessential Tony Perez in that AB.

That impressed me much more than if he had hit a homer.
    Yeah honestly I think he has a pretty decent amount of hitting ability and the fact that the Reds have obstinately refused to leave him on the big league roster to me says they either suck pretty hard at identifying talent or there’s some kind of service time shenanigans going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Yeah honestly I think he has a pretty decent amount of hitting ability and the fact that the Reds have obstinately refused to leave him on the big league roster to me says they either suck pretty hard at identifying talent or there’s some kind of service time shenanigans going on.
    I have a tough time believing they're worried about service time for a guy that's under team control through 2025, his age 31 season.

It is possible the Aquino situation is simply Occam's Razor. They said it's because they didn't think he'd get enough ABs with Senzel/Winker/Shogo/Castellanos getting most of the time and rather he'd face live pitching regularly than be a bench player, and maybe that is just it.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

19. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (08-30-2020),Coopdaddy67 (08-30-2020),Edd Roush (08-30-2020),OGB (08-30-2020),Revering4Blue (08-30-2020),Ron Madden (08-30-2020),TRF (08-31-2020),westofyou (08-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It is possible the Aquino situation is simply Occam's Razor. They said it's because they didn't think he'd get enough ABs with Senzel/Winker/Shogo/Castellanos getting most of the time and rather he'd face live pitching regularly than be a bench player, and maybe that is just it.
    Sometimes it’s the most simple answer.

any chance he is more likely used as a trade piece? I get one game should not make a difference....but what else have teams been able to see of guys not on the 28 man rosters...
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Yes Sir

Turn Off Ads?