Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
Let's talk this out with the assumption that Aristides Aquino has indeed been struggling at Prasco Park

Your argument is that the pitchers not good enough to be in the big leagues can get him out and make him look bad, but the pitchers better than that who are in the big leagues would perform worse against him and or he'd perform better against them?

The practice field is basically Double-A/Triple-A. Would you ever argue a guy in the minor leagues struggling should be called up because he once upon a time performed very well for 5 weeks in the Major Leagues?

Again, I want to be sure that I'm pointing out that I have no clue at all how Aquino has performed at Prasco. This is simply talking out the idea that teams shouldn't actually pay attention to what's happening at their alternate sites with regards to performance.
I didn’t say to ignore what is happening at Prasco. Just that it shouldn’t be more important than what is happened at the MLB level.

It’s a completely different environment, a completely different situation at Prasco from MLB.