Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: aquino

Re: aquino

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    I’m ok starting Aquino vs lefties.

We have to be comfortable knowing when he doesn’t walk into one he is generally annoying to watch. The defensive miscue was ugly but doesn’t happen often with him.

But he should walk into them enough that it beats shogo overmatched vs lefties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shogo's splits look terrible but I feel like his ABs against lefties have been solid since his hot streak began. Anecdotal as hell I admit, and I totally get why Bell played Aquino. But overall I view it as a Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts situation, I think they're better with Shogo in there.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

757690 (09-23-2020),alwaysawarrior (09-23-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Reds could face lefty Rich Hill in Minnesota. The righty platoon guys then would probably play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Shogo's splits look terrible but I feel like his ABs against lefties have been solid since his hot streak began. Anecdotal as hell I admit, and I totally get why Bell played Aquino. But overall I view it as a Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts situation, I think they're better with Shogo in there.
    I’m a big Aquino fan, and have been wanting him to play more. But not at Shogo’s expense. I agree Shogo should be in the lineup, leading off, every game from now on.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-23-2020),Revering4Blue (09-23-2020),smixsell (09-24-2020)

yes how is senzel helping the team

Senzel has been terrible post COVID.

he is worse than jvm or davidson

Maybe they all kind of stink in their own special ways?

Aquino strikes out too much and makes boneheaded plays like last night, but can certainly hit the ball very hard every other game, occasionally finding a gap or lifting it over the fence.

Goodwin is below average right now at the plate and in the field. But he has a solid track record of having some pop and can play CF.

Senzel plays solid CF but hasn't looked good at all since his return. Could be rust, could be a lost season. I'm fine with Bell giving him chances over Goodwin.

Shogo can barely hit the ball out of the infield but knows how to work a count and has gotten on base better than anyone outside of Winker. Plays very good LF.

I would use Senzel in CF and Shogo in LF, with Aquino and Goodwin your pinch-hit options, but I'm not the manager.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I’m a big Aquino fan, and have been wanting him to play more. But not at Shogo’s expense. I agree Shogo should be in the lineup, leading off, every game from now on.
    I don’ t disagree, but the answer should be driven by data, video, scouting, and the Reds’ view of Shogo’s ability to hit major league LHP.

Bell’s approach seems to be a presumption that a lefty bat won’t hit a lefty pitcher. The exceptions are the stars, Votto, Moose mostly. Not even Winker is playing against LHP now.

But maybe these are individual decisions, we just don’t know what their reasoning is with Shogo.

I officially retire my adoration of a.a.,, he had his chances and was woeful

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    It was a good bit. Overplayed perhaps but I respect your game.

He was subject of many debates, but he had and continued to illustrate obvious jokes. God forbid they tried to work them out before throwing him in the major leagues. Wili Mo light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    Bahahahaha
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?