Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: aquino

Re: aquino

Love the Aquino home run smoke. Need a Reds W tomorrow to make up for the bengals bleeding today.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    and I thought my response was germane to a rather inane and tangential reply by you,, Here is a simple question dont you think aquino should have played ahead of ervin, van meter, jankowski, payton a simple question
    But see, that's the thing, Bruce: It's not a simple question.

Aquino shouldn't have played center field ahead of Ervin, Jankowski, or Payton because those guys are actually center fielders. VanMeter and Aquino weren't in taking up the same roster spot, so playing one "ahead" of the other isn't really a question worth addressing.

I'd rather have had Aquino HIT rather than any of those guys. But rosters aren't made like that. Rosters are filled out with specific roles in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

Aquino shouldn't have played center field ahead of Ervin, Jankowski, or Payton because those guys are actually center fielders. VanMeter and Aquino weren't in taking up the same roster spot, so playing one "ahead" of the other isn't really a question worth addressing.

I'd rather have had Aquino HIT rather than any of those guys. But rosters aren't made like that. Rosters are filled out with specific roles in mind.
    Rosters are filled out that way, agree. Seems with Akiyama and Senzel to play CF, Aquino and Winker and Castellanos could have done very well in the other spots. Keep one of those you mentioned for CF at Prasco Park and used Aquino on the opening day roster. Seems Garcia after having a good spring would have done fine at SS and Galvis could have helped with Farmer at second and the IF spots. Seems Aquino could have done well as DH too. Seems that the Reds could have traded Casali in off season for someone and used Stephenson this entire year at catcher and maybe DH. Seems a good bit of the problem with the Reds is the FO making decisions on personnel. FO office eventually got rid of those guys like Ervin and Jankowski and Payton and went with these other players so who made the wrong moves here?

Why not? I can do that on my PlayStation...
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Why not? I can do that on my PlayStation...
    A year or so ago, I put Winker at 1B in MLB The Show.

He couldn't catch a throw to him, nor could he field routine ground balls. It was like he was playing with vertigo.

7. Likes:

Big Klu (09-13-2020)

With a 30 then 28 player roster, there was plenty of room for Aquino if the Reds thought he would be productive. They clearly thought he wouldn’t be.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

9. Likes:

Hamilton95 (09-13-2020)

based on what, did they think he wouldnt be productive

He will be productive. When he starts. Every. Single. Game.

Aquino has come back to the majors with a different plate approach after an offseason of struggling and it should not be assumed he would be as productive now without more development time in Prasco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

I gave you a lot of grief over your AA hounding early in the year (going back to January)
    While AA should've gotten a chance sooner, it's ignorant to say that Ervin, a former 1st round pick who OPSd 800 last year didn't deserve the chance to play and prove himself this year.
    Unfortunately, as Cincinnati sports seems to always go, he fell on his face.
    AA should've gotten the opportunity after that before Payton.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

14. Likes:

Bruce Berenyi (09-14-2020),HammerTime (09-15-2020)

He's not struggling so much that he stands out on a team where everyone is struggling. Considering what happens when he squares one up, he should keep getting a lot of at bats to get better. If he ever becomes a black hole in the lineup I could change my mind, but as of now and how bad we are at hitting the ball that's my opinion.

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    Aristides Aquino was optioned to the alternate site after the doubleheader. #Reds needed to make room for Nick Senzel on the active roster.

With Senzel back and a BP day tomorrow, makes sense honestly.

Too bad we had to go through paytonn and the junk du jour

THIS sort of decision is the ABSOLUTE most important thing your scouts do. If your scouts tell you he can't hit breaking balls away (or whatever pitch it is), everyone else in the league is going to know it as well. The answer has to be scouting.

jvs

Turn Off Ads?