Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: aquino

Re: aquino

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Yeah definitely, I feel like it’s starting to be insulting to my intelligence as a fan that he’s not up here by now.
    If it was likely that Aquino and Stephenson wouldn’t outplay the guys in their spots I’d get it. We’ve seen Aquino be big head Barry Bonds for a month. At this point, Barnhart might as well be swinging a toothpick. There’s no doubt in my mind the team is better with them out there right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Aquino has been called up.

4. Likes:

adkindo (08-31-2020),Stray (08-31-2020)

Aquino is in tonight's lineup

6. Likes:

Reds Fanatic (08-31-2020)

@m_sheldon
    Aquino will be in the lineup as the LF and is likely to get significant playing time, in the same way as Garcia at SS. #reds

8. Likes:

adkindo (08-31-2020),AlaskaReds (08-31-2020),Old school 1983 (08-31-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Great. Now do Stephenson, and the future is here.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

10. Likes:

757690 (08-31-2020),adkindo (08-31-2020),AlaskaReds (08-31-2020),Old school 1983 (08-31-2020),Ron Madden (08-31-2020),Shoeless Jeff (08-31-2020),SidneySlicker (08-31-2020),Tom Servo (08-31-2020),Wonderful Monds (08-31-2020)

When I saw the Reds had traded for an outfielder, I thought Aquino had been passed over yet again. I was ready to go storm the gates down at the front office at GABP. Glad to see I won’t have to get arrested.

All I can say is that it’s about damn time.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

12. Likes:

AlaskaReds (08-31-2020),Old school 1983 (08-31-2020),Revering4Blue (08-31-2020)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Great. Now do Stephenson, and the future is here.
    Curt Casali has the third most fWAR of position players on the Reds despite only having the 9th most PAs. If the Reds want to shake up the catching situation, I would start Casali two out of every three games rather than calling up Stephenson.

A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar

Come on Aquino! Help turn this season around and make the playoffs!
    "I don't want to embarrass any other catcher by comparing him to Johnny Bench."
    Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Curt Casali has the third most fWAR of position players on the Reds despite only having the 9th most PAs. If the Reds want to shake up the catching situation, I would start Casali two out of every three games rather than calling up Stephenson.
    I think Casali would get overexposed against righties long term. He's never hit them despite having a nice little stint here.

TySteve doesnt really have platoon splits and might be the better option to eat into Barnhart's playing time.

I think the hesitance might be the timing of this. Have a good thing going with the starting pitching. Is the likely slight offensive increase risk shaking things up with the starting pitching staff that is going well? Its a tricky one, and I think the timing isnt right. I think we might be stuck with this combo and just hope one of these guys shows an ability to hit righties the rest of the way.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

I think both trades have potential to help us this season....but Aquino's return to the roster is the best news in my opinion.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

It's just one game, but not a great showing from AA. 0 for 4 with 3 strikeouts.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

18. Likes:

adkindo (08-31-2020)

Careful what you wish for...

20. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (09-01-2020)

I wish for him to keep playing and make a case that he can be an answer or not. Even if he's not hitting, he helps defensively.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

22. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    It's just one game, but not a great showing from AA. 0 for 4 with 3 strikeouts.
    I agree....just did not look good in the box compared to last game. Still chasing that outside pitch off the plate. I prefer the Reds give him near everyday play if possible for at least a chunk of the remaining 25ish games because I am not aware of a better option, and we need to find out if this guy is going to be able to hit enough to provide value going into next season.

I am not a huge minor league guy like some on RZ...but i really miss the ability to track a few players during the season.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn Off Ads?