Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-1-20 Reds vs Cardinals

Re: 9-1-20 Reds vs Cardinals

All the talk from the staff and management about “We believe in our guys and still expect to get on a roll and make the playoffs”. And instead they poop their pants and start playing way worse than before.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 50YrRedsFan View Post
    I'm sure no one wants to hear this, but this team needs to be blown up and restarted. Front office, management and coaches included. No player untouchable.
    there are a few pieces I would keep....but yeah it likely needs to try a mini rebuild....hard to do with Votto still around for couple years
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Votto walks on 7 pitches....Castellanos wails at first pitch.

I’m ready to clean house with this organization.

Let the 3 worst pitchers we have finish this game.

Lose 15-1, fire Bell, Zinter and Williams
    The crazy thing is , the front office thought it was best to BUY at the trade deadline.
    I am not going to criticize what they gave up, it was scraps.
    But I kind of have a problem that they thought we were one bullpen arm and one bat away from being a contender.
    Dick Williams is not seeing the same team we are, and simply "doubled down".
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

5. Likes:

Jomama (09-01-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

7. Likes:

ochoa30 (09-01-2020),RedTeamGo! (09-01-2020),Tom Servo (09-01-2020)

If we can get 4 runs next inning....and two runs the next inning....and a run the next inning....we will only be losing by a run..
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

9. Likes:

TexasRedsFan (09-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    All the talk from the staff and management about “We believe in our guys and still expect to get on a roll and make the playoffs”. And instead they poop their pants and start playing way worse than before.
    Time and again, they face these "must win" moments and they crumble.

That's on the players, for the most part, but you gotta wonder why they crumble every time. No consequences for poor performance? I don't know.

11. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-01-2020)

To be fair, I dont understand the fire Krall and Williams thing. They went out and got proven players. Those proven players are crapping the bed. It seems the Reds are playing this season exactly how it was put together. The approach to every game is bad. I dont like David Bell and would start there with change. But I think Williams and Krall did exactly what we all wanted this offseason and went out, spent money, and improved this team on paper. Unfortunately it hasnt transferred onto the diamond.

Too bad DeLeon and Reed are gone, we could have used them to soak up innings tonight.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    If we can get 4 runs next inning....and two runs the next inning....and a run the next inning....we will only be losing by a run..
    We probably also need to handcuff each Cardinal batter as they come to the plate. That's not against the rules, right?

I don’t expect a win but it would be nice if Aquino and Garcia can put together some nice ABs today

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

David Bell taking up space in the dugout
    I just saw his interview regarding the Votto/Winker incident where he "defended" them and also got tossed.

I had to waterboard myself just to pull out of the coma.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

17. Likes:

REDREAD (09-01-2020)

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by JP321 View Post
    To be fair, I dont understand the fire Krall and Williams thing. They went out and got proven players. Those proven players are crapping the bed. It seems the Reds are playing this season exactly how it was put together. The approach to every game is bad. I dont like David Bell and would start there with change. But I think Williams and Krall did exactly what we all wanted this offseason and went out, spent money, and improved this team on paper. Unfortunately it hasnt transferred onto the diamond.
    Yes, we wouldn’t be saying any of this if Sonny Gray had been himself tonight.

19. Likes:

marcshoe (09-01-2020),Ron Madden (09-01-2020)

I agree, they did what they were supposed to do and I applaud them for that. But it didn’t work. I’m not one of those people who views everything about the Reds through the a Dick Williams prism but he is ultimately the one in charge and has final say over the mess this has become.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

21. Likes:

Ironman92 (09-01-2020),Red Raindog (09-01-2020),REDREAD (09-01-2020),RedTeamGo! (09-01-2020)

Shogo and Miley have been major disappointments. The bullpen was ignored. The big bulllpen acquisition, Strop, was quickly dumped.

I don't know what's up with Mike Moustakas. I hope he is playing hurt, because if he's in decline, that contract is going to handcuff us for a long time.
    Sure ownership gave Williams some money to spend, but Williams spent a ton of money and the team really isn't that much better than last year, despite looking better on paper. He needs to be held accountable for that .

23. Likes:

malcontent (09-01-2020)

there are a few pieces I would keep....but yeah it likely needs to try a mini rebuild....hard to do with Votto still around for couple years
    Everyone in baseball operations need to be shown the door tomorrow. In baseball functions this organization doesn’t do anything well. From the draft to player development to trades to managing games and everything in between.

25. Likes:

Jomama (09-01-2020),REDREAD (09-01-2020)

Turn Off Ads?