Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
F Serge Ibaka
Super underrated, Ibaka had a near All-Star season this year... and still nobody seemed to notice. He can play either center or power forward, take on the opposing teams' best big, play outstanding help defense, block shots, rebound, AND hit threes at a well-above average rate. He could fit with just about any team out there. He's the guy Philly needed Al Horford to be last year.
Best fit (individual numbers): New York
Best fit (team success): Portland

C DeMarcus Cousins
Nearly forgotten after a year and a half out due to three injuries to his lower extremities, Cousins is a massive gamble. No, check that. He's not. Because there's no way any team would gamble much cash on him due to that injury history. When he's right, Cousins is a game-wrecking, All-NBA type who is a mismatch for just about everyone. He can shoot, pass, and score. Defensively... he can shoot, pass, and score. And rebound. And fight. If you want a true five-out squad and still have some muscle underneath when called for, Cousins is a fun call.
Best fit (individual numbers): Washington
Best fit (team success): Miami
Ibaka was great this year, but I think he has to be in the right environment/team to really add value. I also would be extremely cautious on the length of any deal I offered him....1-2 years preferably. I think remaining in Toronto if they intend on being competitive next season is the best fit for him. I feel a similar way about Demarcus in that whoever signs him better have guys in the locker room that he respects, and a coach with the full support of the FO. Washington would scare me, but he would know before he signed with Miami that they expect a high level of professionalism....and they do not care who you are when it comes to their standards. The question is would he respect Butler enough to follow, or would he bring out Butler's bad side which could cause the wheels to fall off. Some "insiders" believe that Cousins is very interested in resigning with the Lakers, if they do not resign Howard or move McGee.....and the speculation is the Lakers are very interested in keeping Howard, but would be open to moving McGee if they could sign Cousins. All that said, "insiders" are pretty much worthless a few weeks after a season concludes.