Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-20: Who wins the bubble?

Re: NBA 2019-20: Who wins the bubble?

This Bucks team has misfired in the playoffs twice. They've got to change it up. Eric Bledsoe has got to go. This also might be the right time to cash in on Brook Lopez. This is another team where I'm like "why didn't you get Kemba?"
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If you told me LeBron would score 29 in the 1st half tonight and the Lakers would be down three, I'd have told you that was propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'm not a Donovan fan. Seems like his strength might be getting an underdog team to overachieve. When he had a more stacked team it generally underachieved. Doesn't seem like the guy who's going to take Embiid and Simmons to a new level.
    I dunno. He did pretty well with a Westbrook/Durant duo- taking the Warriors to the brink in the conference finals in his first season. But yeah, the Westbrook/George playoff pairing didn't work out, so there's that.

I'm just sort of trying to avoid Tyronn Lue...
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

5. Likes:

BillDoran (09-08-2020),Revering4Blue (09-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I dunno. He did pretty well with a Westbrook/Durant duo- taking the Warriors to the brink in the conference finals in his first season. But yeah, the Westbrook/George playoff pairing didn't work out, so there's that.

I'm just sort of trying to avoid Tyronn Lue...
    What they need is a modern Chuck Daly. Damned if I know who that is.

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-08-2020)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    No chance he returns to college is there?
    I suspect that he's now an NBA-lifer. The only factor that could possibly change the equation: An elite, open college job within the next two years or so. And the only one that checks that box, and may well open in that time-frame (Kansas), may be sanction-ridden.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    If you told me LeBron would score 29 in the 1st half tonight and the Lakers would be down three, I'd have told you that was propaganda.
    and you are an expert in that propaganda stuff, so I believe you.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I like how Rondo pretty much took the entire year off and then shows up like this for the playoffs.

11. Likes:

BillDoran (09-08-2020),M2 (09-08-2020),Revering4Blue (09-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I suspect that he's now an NBA-lifer. The only factor that could possibly change the equation: An elite, open college job within the next two years or so. And the only one that checks that box, and may well open in that time-frame (Kansas), may be sanction-ridden.
    my gut leads me to believe the bucket list college job for Billy D is UK....he went there with Pitino, knows how special that job is, and if I recall, it was his final big recruiting class as Associate Head Coach before leaving for Marshall that won it all in 1996. I think he gets another NBA job soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I like how Rondo pretty much took the entire year off and then shows up like this for the playoffs.
    Playoff Rondo strikes....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    and you are an expert in that propaganda stuff, so I believe you.
    Sparks are the true masters of propaganda.

Last edited by M2; 09-08-2020 at 11:51 PM.

14. Likes:

adkindo (09-08-2020)

I was not watching closely early in the game because I was watching the Reds game....but I saw no adjustments by the Rockets. Did I miss any major changes in an attempt to slow down Lebron or AD? This has always been the issue with D'Antoni....some suggest it is arrogance, but I am not sure the reason.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Donovan wants the Knicks job, right? That's got to be his grail.

17. Likes:

Stray (09-09-2020)

Spo has done an amazing job with this Heat team. He's as good of a coach as there is in the NBA right now.

19. Likes:

BillDoran (09-09-2020)

my gut leads me to believe the bucket list college job for Billy D is UK....he went there with Pitino, knows how special that job is, and if I recall, it was his final big recruiting class as Associate Head Coach before leaving for Marshall that won it all in 1996. I think he gets another NBA job soon.
    He turned them down twice, I think he's "been there, done that, got 2 rings" with college ball, maybe when he's in 10 years when he's done with the NBA he takes the Providence job.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Spo has done an amazing job with this Heat team. He's as good of a coach as there is in the NBA right now.
    If I were one of the many teams with a coaching vacancy, I'd check into his assistants. Seems like good organizational DNA.

One off the board guy who interests me as a potential coach is Raja Bell. He worked in the Cavs front office when they won the title, he's got a big basketball brain and he's hard-nosed.

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-10-2020),Stray (09-09-2020)

- - - Updated - - -

Playoff Rondo strikes....
    Krono beat me to it but I’ll add I don’t think he would ever come back and never took the job either time it was offered because of the fishbowl that is Kentucky. It’s what ruined Billy Gillespie and the fact you are more than a coach but also a public figure.

He actually left for the NBA I think in large part due to recruiting. Think he got burnt out on it and especially having to go against Calipari as well. I see Indiana and Kansas being possibilities but they kinda fit the fishbowl narrative too.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?