Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Playoff Push

Re: 2020 Playoff Push

Talk me down from the thought that in an ideal situation, Bauer doesn’t pitch Sunday and we head to LA as the 8th seed.

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-23-2020),Tom Servo (09-23-2020),WrongVerb (09-23-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I wouldn't mind going to Atlanta as the 7 seed

5. Likes:

Edd Roush (09-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    If we win one more game, we will own the tie breaker over them.

As they would need to go 3-3 to tie us, and we would have the tie breaker.

So, they would need to go 4-2 and then they would beat us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I assume you are talking about the Brewers?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Reds could ride Bauer, Gray, and Castillo a LONG way as this club is inspired to win and win and win. Gray should be better next start. Castillo is now rolling....got Mahle to use and Sims and Antone and Lorenzen, and Garrett, and now Miley should be there in the pen.....1969 Mets?

8. Likes:

SirFelixCat (09-23-2020)

The Marlins on the verge of a loss is also VERY helpful. This will be four straight losses for them. They've got one more against the Braves and then three against the Yankees. Don't rule out a total collapse for them because that team is not good.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

10. Likes:

ochoa30 (09-23-2020),Patrick Bateman (09-23-2020),Ron Madden (09-23-2020)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I assume you are talking about the Brewers?
    No, the Giants. We have the tiebreaker over the Brewers regardless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Likes:

757690 (09-23-2020),Ron Madden (09-23-2020)

I know there is lots of talk about getting the Dodgers in first round because anything can happen in 3 games, but I really don't want to see this team have to travel out west to LA or San Diego. They never have success out there. Cubs or Braves is a toss up. Cubs are like the Reds with good pitching and poor hitting. Braves are the opposite.

Now 11-1 Royals. So the Reds are going to be basically tied with the Cards for 2nd after tonight

Cards with 5 games left with the Brewers.

15. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Talk me down from the thought that in an ideal situation, Bauer doesn’t pitch Sunday and we head to LA as the 8th seed.
    I fully understand the only goal is to get in....but when I look at the options, I kind of like the LA option. They are not even sure who their 3rd pitcher will be at this point. I think getting 2nd in the NL would have us taking on the Padres....and the 7th spot against the Braves. If it is about trying to find a way to get to the World Series, I would rather play the Dodgers in a 3 game series over facing them later in a 7 game series.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Now 11-1 Royals. So the Reds are going to be basically tied with the Cards for 2nd after tonight

Cards with 5 games left with the Brewers.
    seems likely they will have to play Detroit for 1 or 2 games as I doubt there will be 2 games or more separating us...or if the Brewers take it to them, they may not be 2 or more games difference between them and the Brewers.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    seems likely they will have to play Detroit for 1 or 2 games as I doubt there will be 2 games or more separating us...or if the Brewers take it to them, they may not be 2 or more games difference between them and the Brewers.
    Apparently from what I understand they will only make them make up those games if it means the difference of a team making the playoffs or not. So if say the Reds and Cards are both in the playoffs and the difference is just in playoff seeding those games will not be made up but if say the Cards and a team are close enough to where the Cards of the other team make it not then those games would have to be made up Monday. Which the NL playoffs don't start until Wednesday so they could be made up if needed

19. Likes:

adkindo (09-23-2020),M2 (09-23-2020)

Now 12-1 Royals Also Rockies lead Giants 1-0
    Last edited by Reds Fanatic; 09-23-2020 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Apparently from what I understand they will only make them make up those games if it means the difference of a team making the playoffs or not. So if say the Reds and Cards are both in the playoffs and the difference is just in playoff seeding those games will not be made up but if say the Cards and a team are close enough to where the Cards of the other team make it not then those games would have to be made up Monday. Which the NL playoffs don't start until Wednesday so they could be made up if needed
    thanks...I was not aware they would not if it impacted seeding.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Twins will move into 1st in the AL Central tonight....the AL Central will likely go down to the final game, so we are going to have a fight in those final 3 games.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

23. Likes:

ochoa30 (09-23-2020)

Looks like the Reds and Cardinals are vying for the #5 slot and a series against the Padres. Otherwise, I'm guessing it's the #7 slot and the Braves.
    Last edited by M2; 09-23-2020 at 10:58 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?