Turn Off Ads?
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1020

Thread: 2020 Playoff Push

Re: 2020 Playoff Push

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    One thing you can always count on is the Yankees and Dodgers in prime time. Though for LA is kind of interesting they scheduled the Dodgers game the same time the Lakers will be playing game 1 of the NBA finals
    that is weird....I am a life long Lakers fan, but my understanding is in LA, the Lakers are KING, unless the Dodgers are playing. It is a Dodgers town above all else....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    Thought the Braves might be more like -110, but sounds about right
    Let’s see if the line moves.

+105 for the Reds is fair.

I can’t see paying -125 for ATL though.

4. Likes:

Falls City Beer (09-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Shoulda known the Damn Yankees would play in prime time Tuesday and Wednesday
    Well, yeah.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    I’m good with noon games, crowd will be quiet and should eliminate some of the home field advantage.
    Noon starts on the east coast are incredibly poor time slots for almost everyone. It will be six am in Hawaii, nine am on the whole west coast. Bad marketing by MLB, just too early.

Disclaimer: I'm angered by this because Wednesday at nine am I have a two hour product meeting

7. Likes:

goreds2 (09-27-2020),M2 (09-27-2020),Ron Madden (09-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Noon starts on the east coast are incredibly poor time slots for almost everyone. It will be six am in Hawaii, nine am on the whole west coast. Bad marketing by MLB, just too early.

Disclaimer: I'm angered by this because Wednesday at nine am I have a two hour product meeting
    Yes the problem this year is baseball is trying tot get through the postseason as quick as possible as they were worried about COVID cancellations so that is why you have 8 playoff games in one day and they are trying to also trying to schedule around other sporting events too like the NBA finals starting that same day. I like to watch as much playoff baseball as possible and this year outside the Reds will just be able to see parts of each game as you are going to have so many games going on at once.

To show how quick they are going through these series

Wild card series will start 9/29 and all be done 10/2
    Division series starts 10/5 will all be done 10/10
    LCS starts 10/11 done 10/18
    WS starts 10/20 done 10/28

Notice this post ESPN is using to promote the postseason. Apparently Ohio teams don't count

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...814848/photo/1

Joel Luckhaupt
    @jluckhaupt
    2020!

Chris Garber
    @cgarber8
    The NL’s 7th seed has the 5th most wins.

I was just joking. Obviously the time slot sucks. I think when they lost 3 in a row to the Giants last time they were in the playoffs those were also day games.

White Sox are the 7th seed and 10 games over .500

13. Likes:

M2 (09-27-2020)

I visited Hawaii last October and it was kinda fun sitting at a bar watching a World Series night game at like 1pm. Of course when you go back to the bar later at night and its 10pm and all they have on TV is the replay of a game in any sport that like ended 6 hours earlier, that's not so fun.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInMS View Post
    I want blood for that, and I live right in the middle of "Braves Country"(bandwagon country). I despise the Braves. They are right up there for me with the Cardinals, Cubs, and Dodgers. I took a lot of crap back in 1995 from Braves "fans".
    I grew up a Reds fan in Savannah GA. I want to watch us throw the first ever back-to-back playoff no hitters.

16. Likes:

M2 (09-28-2020)

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

I did not expect a noon first pitch. Guess I have to start drinking at 11am.

18. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (09-28-2020)

Noon is a pretty dumb timeslot, but surprisingly pleasant for me as I am 6 hours ahead right now.

You just have to know that ESPN/FOX/et al are just trying to get this first round out of the way so they can get to the real games with the real teams (Cubs/Dogers/Braves/Padres or Cardinals) and dispose of the untouchables (Reds/Brewers/Marlins).
    Last edited by CaiGuy; 09-28-2020 at 07:10 AM.

20. Likes:

Falls City Beer (09-28-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    I did not expect a noon first pitch. Guess I have to start drinking at 11am.
    How is that different than any other day?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

22. Likes:

Reds (09-29-2020)

We're over 1,000 posts, so please start a new thread if you'd like to continue this discussion.

24. Likes:

Reds (09-29-2020)

Turn Off Ads?