Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Playoff Push

Re: 2020 Playoff Push

https://www.mlb.com/standings/postseason

Mind blowing that MLB doesn't update the postseason standings page in real time.

Wow.

2. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (09-16-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

Mind blowing that MLB doesn't update the postseason standings page in real time.

Wow.
    They do have it, though, under "League" standings. We are ahead of the Cardinals and Giants now.

https://www.mlb.com/standings/league
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

So, tonight's game summary: Hell yeah!

White Sox this weekend: Win this series and I will believe.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Wow.
    They’re still waiting to see if this internet thing is going to last.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-17-2020),Revering4Blue (09-16-2020)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

This is a Big Boy series coming up. Kinda feel like M2. I'm a bit hesitant to allow myself to get excited at this point, but win this series and we're talking.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

So, is it too early to post who to root for and against every day, REDS being one to root for, or course.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Think I'll turn the Mariners/Giants game on right now. Go Mariners!!!

Double-Header tomorrow with the Giants/Mariners.

So, we are rooting against PHI, SF, STL, with a 2nd tier of rooting against the NYM, MIL and COL.

Does that sound about right?

Reds have to avoid ChiSox sweep. Winning 2 of 3 optimal; but only one victory can be made up vs Brewers if they take 2 of 3 vs Brew Crew. This provides a 7-3 home stand and that should work. Win 2 of 3 in Minnesota and pack for playoffs. That's 9 and 4 finish. Weren't they five off being 500 at going in to this period of play at home??

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    The White Sox hit the crap out of the ball and are a lot of fun to watch, but I keep waiting for them to come back to earth a little bit. I don't think their pitching would hold up over a 162-game season so maybe they're due for a little course correction this weekend. On the other hand, they could make GABP look like a little league field.
    Granted the game's not over. But, oddly enough, as I type this with their game on TV in front of me, their bats have been silenced so far tonight for the most part, as they trail Minnesota 3-1 in the 8th. And they haven't had a base-runner since the 4th inning.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Phillip Ervin is playing for the Mariners, btw (is up to bat right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Granted the game's not over. But, oddly enough, as I type this with their game on TV in front of me, their bats have been silenced so far tonight for the most part, as they trail Minnesota 3-1 in the 8th. And they haven't had a base-runner since the 4th inning.
    I'm going out on a limb and guessing Madrigal gets on and reaches 2nd Base in the bottom of the inning (the 8th). Foster, a quality Reliever of the White Sox, just gave up a 2-run HR. Just need to catch the White Sox with a little doubt in themselves going into the series. Our Starting Pitching can reinforce that doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Phillip Ervin is playing for the Mariners, btw (is up to bat right now).
    Oh joy. Ervin is starting for the team that we need to beat the Giants.

ChiSOX should face these reds pitching match ups: Mahle, Bauer and DeSclafani/Antone combo.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I'm going out on a limb and guessing Madrigal gets on and reaches 2nd Base in the bottom of the inning (the 8th). Foster, a quality Reliever of the White Sox, just gave up a 2-run HR. Just need to catch the White Sox with a little doubt in themselves going into the series. Our Starting Pitching can reinforce that doubt.
    Made an out.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh joy. Ervin is starting for the team that we need to beat the Giants.
    He is hitting better for them... .250 in September. Probably won't beat the Giants tonight...down 7-0 early, though the Mariners did win after being down 5-0 just a couple days ago.

Turn Off Ads?