Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Playoff Push

Re: 2020 Playoff Push

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Hopefully the fact that the Reds face a starter tonight that has thrown less than 4 innings above A ball helps get the offense humming down the stretch. Suarez coming back would also be huge.
    A little odd that we're less than eight hours from first pitch and Reds haven't announced a starter for tonight, or the rest of the series for that matter.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

2. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-18-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    They are a disciplined, well managed team. I don’t think the packed schedule will be a problem for them. The Reds on the other hand just swept a 4 game series against a terrible Pirates team, and they didn’t do it commandingly: the offense still looks very weak. And six out of the last 9 games are against good, well managed AL teams. I’m much more worried about the Reds schedule than the Cards.
    We outscored the Pirates 17-6!!!! That's pretty commanding. The Pirates only led once at the end of any inning.

The Cards look anything like a disciplined well managed team. Their coach is an absolute clown who spends the majority of his time kissing Molina's a$$.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-18-2020)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    A little odd that we're less than eight hours from first pitch and Reds haven't announced a starter for tonight, or the rest of the series for that matter.
    Sonny Gray certainly adds to the uncertainty, but I would imagine the biggest decision is around Lorenzen or DeSclafani. As I have said numerous times in this thread, I think it is an easy decision, but the Reds certainly have more data than I.

From Nightengale Twitter:

Tyler Mahle will start tonight's game vs. White Sox. Eugenio Suárez is back from paternity leave. #Reds
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

8. Likes:

Edd Roush (09-18-2020),Kingspoint (09-18-2020),Ron Madden (09-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    We outscored the Pirates 17-6!!!! That's pretty commanding. The Pirates only led once at the end of any inning.
    Pfft. That's not even 3:1.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

10. Likes:

PuffyPig (09-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    They are a disciplined, well managed team. I don’t think the packed schedule will be a problem for them. The Reds on the other hand just swept a 4 game series against a terrible Pirates team, and they didn’t do it commandingly: the offense still looks very weak. And six out of the last 9 games are against good, well managed AL teams. I’m much more worried about the Reds schedule than the Cards.
    The Reds went 7-3 against the Pirates, the disciplined, well managed Cardinals so far are just 2-4 against them.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

12. Likes:

CaiGuy (09-18-2020),SirFelixCat (09-18-2020),zigbeenuthouse (09-18-2020)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    #Reds rotation this weekend: Tyler Mahle tonight, Trevor Bauer on Saturday, Michael Lorenzen on Sunday.

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-18-2020),Edd Roush (09-18-2020),Rolando (09-18-2020),SirFelixCat (09-18-2020),Tom Servo (09-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The Reds went 7-3 against the Pirates, the disciplined, well managed Cardinals so far are just 2-4 against them.
    The Cardinals special vitamins seem to have not made it to the clubhouse - yes I'm still upset over a certain slugger cheating 20 plus years ago and being made a national hero, a "young 1b" seeming to play with Bondsian ability and then leaving the middle of the country and becoming Clark Kent and a certain "ageless" catcher whom I despise. I hope they lose every single game the rest of this year and forever.

I haven't had a good anti-Cardinal rant in a few months, I feel better now.

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    David Bell said Sonny Gray could return from IL and start in the next series vs. Brewers. And that Trevor Bauer could start on short rest for his next start depending on how things look after this weekend. So it's possible he makes 3 more starts this year. #Reds

17. Likes:

Edd Roush (09-18-2020),goreds2 (09-18-2020)

I don't think Disco is 100% healthy. Wouldn't mind them using him out of the bullpen for the rest of the year. His stuff should play up there.

Leadoff HR by Wong for the Cardinals in the double header against Pittsburgh. Boy the Pirates stink.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I am in central Ohio and MLB Network showing the Phillies / Blue Jays game. Just now started.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Leadoff HR by Wong for the Cardinals in the double header against Pittsburgh. Boy the Pirates stink.
    They don't say against the Cardinals
    Crazy Reds Fan

STL/PIT live:

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/cardinal...b=,game=631102

- - - Updated - - -

Three straight walks to load the bases in the bottom of the first by the pirates and the next hitter (Polanco) swings at the first pitch and makes an out. This is why the Pirates suck.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Bila sports streams all. Free

24. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-18-2020),loudangry (09-18-2020),M2 (09-18-2020),Revering4Blue (09-18-2020)

Turn Off Ads?