Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Playoff Push

Re: 2020 Playoff Push

According to Fangraphs Reds have a 12.8% chance of winning the second spot in the Central. Reds have a better chance at a wild card, 32.4% .

This seems mostly based on strength of schedule, Reds have the toughest among NL contenders for last spots.

On WC, Reds have three home games against Brewers and can do some business there. Brewers then go into St. Louis for five games (one a Mil “home” game). Brewers’ final actual home game is today. Giants finish at San Diego.

Cards seem a tough reach as they finish with 5 at home while Reds are at Minnesota. Still, all close, you never know.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-20-2020 at 12:08 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    #Reds playoff odds after snapping their 6-game winning streak:
    Fangraphs - 45.8%
    FiveThirtyEight - 48%

They are currently the 2nd wild-card team, tied with Milwaukee and San Francisco. Reds hold tiebreakers over both teams.
    Joel Luckhaupt
    @jluckhaupt
    Reds need to win 2 of 3 vs Milwaukee to ensure the tie-breaker with them. Giants still have 8 intra-division games left, so that tie-breaker is not secure either.

I suspect their playoff odds will be dramatically different dependent on a win or loss today. We're at the knife's edge portion of the season.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Believe it or not, the White Sox actually have a similar xOBA as the Reds this year. They do hit the ball well, but have been finding holes more than they should.

Their pitching is a bit suspect without Giolito going.

Reds are taking 2/3. Heard it here first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey I’m not a complete moron today!

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

6. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (09-21-2020),CaiGuy (09-20-2020),OGB (09-20-2020),Ron Madden (09-20-2020),WrongVerb (09-20-2020),zigbeenuthouse (09-20-2020)

I'll be pretty bummed if the Brew Crew sweeps their DH today.

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    I'll be pretty bummed if the Brew Crew sweeps their DH today.
    Brewers were just playing one today. Royals did us no favors though, they got swept in three games by MIL.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

9. Likes:

CaiGuy (09-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Hey I’m not a complete moron today!

Good call my friend. Credit is all yours.

Have a bad feeling. Just seems like everyone is winning. This is why those games against the Tigers and Pirates earlier in the year were so incredibly important. If they had even 1 more of those games they would be in much better shape. You just know the cards are going to keep winning.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (09-20-2020),UKFlounder (09-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Have a bad feeling. Just seems like everyone is winning. This is why those games against the Tigers and Pirates earlier in the year were so incredibly important. If they had even 1 more of those games they would be in much better shape. You just know the cards are going to keep winning.
    Yep. Too little margin for error now. And no more chances against scrub teams.

The offense really laid some eggs against some bad pitching earlier in the year, which led to some brutal close losses.

But it's great that they hung in there...at the least it keeps us engaged.

Pirates take a 1-0 lead over the Cards thru the end of the 5th. Pirates announcers say that their pitcher, Musgrove has started 7 games and the Pirates and this run so far today is only the 4th total run scored by the Pirates this season while Musgrove was in the game. Musgrove is 0-5 with 32 innings pitched.

We have to beat the Brewers 2 out of 3 regardless of what any other team did or does. If we can't beat the Brewers 2 out of 3 at home with Castillo and most likely Gray starting the first two games we don't deserve the playoffs. I think if we win the Brewers series and don't get swept in Minnesota we are in. One, or more, of the Phillies, Giants, or Brewers will crap the bed. It's down to six teams(Reds, Marlins, Phillies, Giants, Brewers, and Cards) for four spots. Just win the Brewers series.
    Last edited by RedsFanInMS; 09-20-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    #Reds rotation vs. Brewers: Luis Castillo on Monday, Sonny Gray on Tuesday, Trevor Bauer on Wednesday.

17. Likes:

CaiGuy (09-20-2020),Edd Roush (09-20-2020),OGB (09-20-2020),redsfandan (09-20-2020),RedsfaninMT (09-20-2020)

Molina 2 run blast... 2-1 Cards top 7

We miss Cy Burnes as well.

Cards get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

@Reds rotation vs Brewers: Luis Castillo on Monday, Sonny Gray on Tuesday, Trevor Bauer on Wednesday
    I like it! If we don't win the Brewers series, we're likely done, so give it your best shot. Worry about Minnesota when you get there.

Turn Off Ads?