Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 9-4-20 Reds vs.Pirates Game 2

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: 9-4-20 Reds vs.Pirates Game 2

These guys just aren’t good enough to win anything.

They don’t belong in the playoffs. They’re a middling sub 500 team.

And they’re managed poorly.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Likes:

Billy_Bearcat (09-05-2020),BluegrassRedleg (09-04-2020),Jomama (09-04-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I think Akiyama will never hit as many taters in his MLB career as Aquino blasted last season.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    If Reds take the next two, it’s ok. Shame to lose the Bauer game though.
    You’re technically right but I’m tired of having that attitude. It goes from “A sweep would be great to 3/4 is good to well splitting isn’t awful”. String wins together, especially against inferior competition. Even truly bad teams can win more than 3 in a row, not so for our Redlegs.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

MrRedSkull (09-04-2020),Red Raindog (09-04-2020),Revering4Blue (09-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    These guys just aren’t good enough to win anything.

They don’t belong in the playoffs. They’re a middling sub 500 team.

And they’re managed poorly.
    Hard to argue with you on that.

It’s asinine Aquino doesn’t bat in that game.

Such an awful team to watch at the plate. Defense is not good and they are a poor base running team.

The manager SUCKS. David Bell is awful.

9. Likes:

Jomama (09-04-2020),malcontent (09-04-2020),MrRedSkull (09-04-2020),mth123 (09-05-2020)

11. Likes:

Red Raindog (09-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Red View Post
    Still a mystery to me why they would bring up Garcia and bench Galvis in a playoff run. Galvis is a better hitter at this time and we are struggling offensively. Then in the utter band they keep Barnhart up when you have TS.
    Galvis' 2020 OBP is the same as Billy Hamilton's career OBP right now.

If he was hitting well, he'd be in the lineup at 2B/SS/DH nearly every game.

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I think Akiyama will never hit as many taters in his MLB career as Aquino blasted last season.
    I don’t think he will ever hit one.

Barnhart slams the bat down after hitting a weak shallow fly that he got under.....as if the Vegas odds were not overwhelming that is exactly what he would do
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    VERY enlightening.

for the record, i thought using davidson there was fine. but your all-caps usage of "very" 2x was not.
    Ya it’s the sane shoddy analysis that had many here benching Winker after a handful of genes to start the year.

20 at bats is nothing analysis for a guy with a track record, and it’s tiring seeing the same stuff every time a move doesn’t work out despite having VERY obvious logic to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

17. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (09-04-2020),fondfoat (09-04-2020),Ron Madden (09-04-2020),Tom Servo (09-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    The manager SUCKS. David Bell is awful.
    he is a worse manager than Jankowski was a hitter
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    You’re technically right but I’m tired of having that attitude. It goes from “A sweep would be great to 3/4 is good to well splitting isn’t awful”. String wins together, especially against inferior competition. Even truly bad teams can win more than 3 in a row, not so for our Redlegs.
    And DeSclafani, who hasn't inspired much confidence lately, going tomorrow. Tonight was a must win if they're ever going to get back to .500. Schedule only gets tougher.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-04-2020),Tom Servo (09-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Ya it’s the sane shoddy analysis that had many here benching Winker after a handful of genes to start the year.

20 at bats is nothing analysis for a guy with a track record, and it’s tiring seeing the same stuff every time a move doesn’t work out despite having VERY obvious logic to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    comparing winker and davidson is some massive mental gymnastics on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    Galvis' 2020 OBP is the same as Billy Hamilton's career OBP right now.

If he was hitting well, he'd be in the lineup at 2B/SS/DH nearly every game.
    He was doing his job and that’s more than you can say for most of the team. He also had some pop in his bat. Regardless of what the numbers are he’s a better hitter at this point than Garcia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    As I said in several posts, people have been unrealistic about this road trip.

Most teams struggle to win on the road and seldom dominate. Four straight in Pitt was always unlikely.

If Reds go over .500 on this trip, they will be in position to do business at home. 6-4 seems a fair goal.

Get ‘em tomorrow.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-04-2020 at 10:02 PM.

24. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-04-2020)

Turn Off Ads?