Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-5-20 Reds @ Pirates

Re: 9-5-20 Reds @ Pirates

When I just looked and saw Reds team hitting .215, it brought home how miserable things have been.

I mean, while BA isn’t considered that important, who can win a pennant hitting .215 as a team?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    No issue with Goodwin being in the lineup but I don't get why he plays CF and Shogo is in LF, I think it should be the other way around.
    On Goodwin's first day with the Reds. I believe it was Pic who said Bell asked Goodwin where in the OF he felt most comfortable at and he said CF.
    I agree with you. Looks like Bell lets some of the players pick where they wanna play not where they need to play.
    Remember when Castellanos was pulled late in a game for defense? Then he threw a fit and hasn't been pulled since. Anytime in the 9th inn. that this team has a lead Nick should be planted on the bench.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

This team deserves to crash and burn going with Akiyama (.200/.292/.260/.552) over Aquino.

And I know bb will back me up on that.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    On Goodwin's first day with the Reds. I believe it was Pic who said Bell asked Goodwin where in the OF he felt most comfortable at and he said CF.
    I agree with you. Looks like Bell lets some of the players pick where they wanna play not where they need to play.
    Remember when Castellanos was pulled late in a game for defense? Then he threw a fit and hasn't been pulled since. Anytime in the 9th inn. that this team has a lead Nick should be planted on the bench.
    I guess the question is who is the better CFer and who is the better LFer.

Goodwin plays shallow CF, he looks ok out there with that style.

Shogo looks smooth in CF, not sure about his range, he looks excellent in LF.

Is this really an issue, not sure it is.

I’m not going to act like I care about the OF defense when the INF defense is bad.

I want Aquino in there until he’s shown that he’s more fail than not.

Put 24 year old Andruw Jones in CF if you want....our defense would still suck though

Billy Hamilton was DFA’d....sign him up for CF every night and let him rock a .519 OPS

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    No issue with Goodwin being in the lineup but I don't get why he plays CF and Shogo is in LF, I think it should be the other way around.
    My guess is Shogo is the LF and Goodwin is only in their until Senzel returns. Probably just trying to leave Shogo alone and see if he settles in.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Gotta have this one. Come on, boys
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Meatball to start turns into double

Sigh
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    .253 would be the second highest BA on the Reds right now, excluding Tyler Stephenson’s few at bats.

No Red is hitting above .250 other than Winker. If you want to use BA as the correct metric. Team is hitting .215, last in the NL in BA.
    Having the second highest BA on the team and not setting the world on fire are not mutually exclusive. OPS is overrated. Pete Rose had a low OPS because he was a singles hitter. Pete Rose's OPS+ is ranked 411th all time. I would argue that there is no way I can think of 410 other guys that I would like to have on my team ahead of Pete Rose.

12. Likes:

MrRedSkull (09-05-2020)

I’m beginning to think that it’s not just Disco tipping his pitches.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

No score after 1 inning

Need a win pretty bad

That'll Work

Josh Bell isn't hitting this year but also he's real bad at fielding, so the Pirates got that going for them.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?