Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: 9-6-20 Reds @ Pirates

Re: 9-6-20 Reds @ Pirates

This is words from our closer after the game:

“I was trying to focus myself on pitching lower in the strike zone and get a slow roller to get a double play,” Iglesias said. “Unfortunately, that's not what happened. I tried my best to do that, but [sometimes] things like that happen in baseball, and unfortunately, it just didn't go my way today.”

Did he not know the bases were not loaded and you cant get a groundball doubleplay with runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out????? Plus Bell was dumb not to walk the bases loaded to setup a force at the plate.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (09-06-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 9-6-20 Reds @ Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Unbelievable. How stupid.
    It’s actually not a bad strategy at face value. Look for a pitch you can make good contact on... don’t expand your strike zones or areas of the plate you hit weakly.

In Suarezs quote he’s talking about hitting line drives and not necessarily swinging completely uphill... hone runs a function of line drives.

These aren’t bad principles.

I would assume (maybe a big assumption) that some form of situational hitting is added on top of this, but you wouldn’t know from watching the team.

I would argue that players not succeeding with this expand the strike zone too much, or aren’t that talented. The Reds hit into a ton of double plays because they have players exploited by shifts and reaching outside their zone to make mediocre groundball contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

Turn Off Ads?