Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Cubs 9-8-20

Re: Reds @ Cubs 9-8-20

The water has been out on my street all day and I haven’t showered since last night so F it im drunk watching this garbage baseball team.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Red View Post
    Nothing against the kid but there is no legitimate argument that can be made for him to be on the team if they still think the playoffs are a possibility.
    I think it's fine to play Garcia.
    Reds need to go 12-7 to reach 500.
    Sure, maybe it's possible to reach the expanded playoffs with a less than 500 record,
    but let's be realistic here. Give Garcia playing now and hope it pay dividends next year.
    Same with Tyler Stephenson. Doubt either of those guys was learning much at prasco.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    I'm a little curious why he hasn't been tried in LF.
    That would have made Aquino-to-RF even more obvious. Hence...
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

5. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (09-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I don’t think the Reds’ bad offense is primarily attributable to bad luck.

I think it’s primarily attributable to an extreme hitting style and some poor hitters.

Some of it is luck, sure, but I don’t see any change in approach that might help change it.
    Ya, fair points for sure.

But a big difference between 230 and 265 team bapip. It doesn’t erase all of the flaws, but man, if even that’s a hit per game, there are a lot of 1 run losses where that hit would have made all the difference in the world.

We entered tonight 2 games out of the playoffs with even as poorly as we’ve played.

I’m saying, most of these other teams have a lot of stink too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

7. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-08-2020)

Also, Diplomats Son by Vampire Weekend is fantastic.

Depressing knowing how bad things went without even having to face the actually good teams and pitchers besides the Cubs and Indians.

"You look at the names in this lineup, and you wonder how they've struggled the way they have." - Cubs announcer. Other announcers points out it's the batting average issue.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

We get so little from the top of our lineup on most nights....not sure any other team has such little production from #1 - #5 in the lineup. Now that Winker's hot streak appears over, it is even more noticeable.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

11. Likes:

REDREAD (09-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I think it's fine to play Garcia.
    Reds need to go 12-7 to reach 500.
    Sure, maybe it's possible to reach the expanded playoffs with a less than 500 record,
    but let's be realistic here. Give Garcia playing now and hope it pay dividends next year.
    Same with Tyler Stephenson. Doubt either of those guys was learning much at prasco.
    I’d be fine if they’d go all in and let some younger guys get a chance and admit the season was over.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (09-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Depressing knowing how bad things went without even having to face the actually good teams and pitchers besides the Cubs and Indians.

"You look at the names in this lineup, and you wonder how they've struggled the way they have." - Cubs announcer. Other announcers points out it's the batting average issue.
    Dude they look like a squad of amateurs against a former walk on at Tennessee Martin that tops out at 91 mph.

At this point you just have to view this team like Monstervision hosted by Jim Bob Briggs on TNT in the 90s: it’s so terrible it’s funny.

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Dude they look like a squad of amateurs against a former walk on at Tennessee Martin that tops out at 91 mph.

At this point you just have to view this team like Monstervision hosted by Jim Bob Briggs on TNT in the 90s: it’s so terrible it’s funny.
    Joe Bob is now on Shudder.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Red View Post
    I’d be fine if they’d go all in and let some younger guys get a chance and admit the season was over.
    Well, at least Davidson was cut loose, Aquino is getting a chance.
    Hopefully Tyler Stephenson starts in at least 1/2 of the remaining games, even if it's as a DH.
    Not sure they have anyone else worthy of calling up.. but I don't know the farm as well as others.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

AA is battling.

19. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Joe Bob is now on Shudder.
    Oh I know.

I absolutely heart Joe Bob.

Monstervision was a huuuuge part of my childhood.

Also, Up All Night on USA, but that was for entirely different reasons.

21. Likes:

NebraskaRed (09-08-2020)

At least there aren’t Cubs fans there.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

23. Likes:

NC Reds (09-08-2020),Ron Madden (09-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Ya, fair points for sure.

But a big difference between 230 and 265 team bapip. It doesn’t erase all of the flaws, but man, if even that’s a hit per game, there are a lot of 1 run losses where that hit would have made all the difference in the world.

We entered tonight 2 games out of the playoffs with even as poorly as we’ve played.

I’m saying, most of these other teams have a lot of stink too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We see it in the very game we’re watching.

Have you seen many Reds’ batted balls that “should” have been hits tonight? Or do you see medium fly ball after medium fly ball? Very much the latter.

I’ve always been of the view that considering BABIP - first look at the team’s or player’s hitting tendencies. Then if you can’t explain it, you just say it’s bad luck.

While there’s undoubtedly some luck involved, I’m just not very sympathetic with this offense.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-08-2020 at 09:31 PM.

25. Likes:

Jomama (09-08-2020),REDREAD (09-08-2020)

Turn Off Ads?