Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which 2020 rule changes will survive?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • NL DH

35 94.59%
  • Runner on 2nd for extra innings

7 18.92%
  • 7 inning doubleheaders

9 24.32%
  • Expanded rosters (Greater than 26)

10 27.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which 2020 rules will be continued?

Re: Which 2020 rules will be continued?

I hope they don't go to 7 inning games all the time.
    A big part of strategy when the other team has their ace on the mound is to keep it close until the bullpen comes in.
    With 7 inning games, that doesn't happen.
    I'm ok with 7 inning games on double headers. I am sure the players love it.
    It's nice for the fans that the second game isn't all bench players too, since the first game is only 7 innings, many starters can play both.

I love the DH, I have been wanting that in the NL my whole life.

I thought the extra runner on 2b in extra innings would be stupid, but I actually like it. It makes extra innings more exciting, and it also helps prevent those 14-18 inning marathons which wear out the players.

Don't like the reliever has to face 3 batters minimum, but I could live with it.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    '19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Of all of those I dislike the runner on 2nd base the most but as long as it's not in play in the postseason it's ok.

I'm fine with 7 inning double headers but only for make up games where we aren't doing split day-night games. so basically that will make them very very rare. but if you want to do a 1pm and 4pm 7 inning true doubleheader because the team has to play early the next day in another city im okay with it.

4. Likes:

REDREAD (09-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    The only new rule that I thought I would dislike this year was having the runner on 2nd for extra innings.

But I really enjoy it.
    How is the scenario scored officially to show why the guy arrived at 2B? Just curious.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    How is the scenario scored officially to show why the guy arrived at 2B? Just curious.
    Runner Placed on Base

Xxxxxx starts inning on second base.

NOTE: The runner placed on second is the man who made the last out in the previous inning, unless a pinch runner is used. Also, if that run scores, it is an unearned run. Here is an odd scenario. A pitcher could pitch a perfect game, yet still lose. He retires all 27 batters in regulation. The runner is placed on second to start the tenth, and subsequently comes around to score without the aid of another runner reaching base.

How would you like to pitch a no-hitter, or better yet, a perfect game and lose, because baseball management is a clown shoe and start arbitrarily putting runners in scoring position?
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-12-2020 at 09:51 AM.

I’m on board with the DH. Like others have said, I hardly noticed it. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad.

For 7 inning doubleheader’s, if we go back to a normal 162 game season, I think it’s a moot point. Teams don’t like doubleheader’s from a gate perspective. Maximize the $$$.

Runner on second in extras is too gimmicky. A hard no there.

26 man roster? Eh. I prefer ballplayers being ballplayers and they play the whole game. Wholesale substitutions like early this season was a wtf to me. Stop that. I realize I am a fossil.

And I do like the 3 batter rule. I view the pace of the game as important. I don’t go to the ballpark to see managers try to be geniuses. Let’s move things along here.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Runner Placed on Base

Xxxxxx starts inning on second base.

NOTE: The runner placed on second is the man who made the last out in the previous inning, unless a pinch runner is used. Also, if that run scores, it is an unearned run. Here is an odd scenario. A pitcher could pitch a perfect game, yet still lose. He retires all 27 batters in regulation. The runner is placed on second to start the tenth, and subsequently comes around to score without the aid of another runner reaching base.

How would you like to pitch a no-hitter, or better yet, a perfect game and lose, because baseball management is a clown shoe and start arbitrarily putting runners in scoring position?
    I'm also curious how it would be noted on a score card. What is Xxxxxx?
    Last edited by SunDeck; 09-12-2020 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Clarity
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?