Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Cubs 9-10-20

Re: Reds @ Cubs 9-10-20

Tonight is a must win, afaic. Ace on the mound and last shot at the division leader before another huge series against another team ahead of you. If you're ever going to come together and get on a roll as a team, the time is now.

2. Likes:

zigbeenuthouse (09-10-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

C. トレント・ローズクランズ
    @ctrent
    Raining in Chicago — Estimated first pitch is 8:35 pm (Eastern)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegsFanatic View Post
    Is everyone ready for another must win game today?
    I hope so, it’s the norm from here on out.
    U gotta LOVE having Shogo, Goodwin, and Garcia in there. Those guys just rake!
    Go Reds
    Shogo has a .483 OBP the past 10 games. That works for me.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

6. Likes:

757690 (09-10-2020),fondfoat (09-10-2020),MrRedSkull (09-10-2020),NC Reds (09-10-2020),RedsfaninMT (09-10-2020),Ron Madden (09-10-2020),zigbeenuthouse (09-10-2020)

8:35? Not going to be very close. Hopi g for a 9:05 start but might be 9:25

Just feel like Bell is not giving Aquino a shot that he deserves. In the few at bats he has gotten recently since being called back up, his OBP is .467. He can and has played all 3 OF positions well, and should be in the lineup at least every other game. In the same period, Shogo's OBP is .362 and Goodwin's OBP is .208. As soon as the Reds traded for Goodwin, I had a feeling Bell would use that as an excuse to not play Aquino.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

9. Likes:

malcontent (09-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Just feel like Bell is not giving Aquino a shot that he deserves. In the few at bats he has gotten recently since being called back up, his OBP is .467. He can and has played all 3 OF positions well, and should be in the lineup at least every other game. In the same period, Shogo's OBP is .362 and Goodwin's OBP is .208. As soon as the Reds traded for Goodwin, I had a feeling Bell would use that as an excuse to not play Aquino.
    It's an incredibly small sample size. He has 4 walks while going 2/10 at the plate. Meanwhile, Shogo is 5/12 with 3 walks over the past week.

If Aquino plays, one of Winker, Shogo and Castellanos is going to the bench. He's not a CF. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    It's an incredibly small sample size. He has 4 walks while going 2/10 at the plate. Meanwhile, Shogo is 5/12 with 3 walks over the past week.

If Aquino plays, one of Winker, Shogo and Castellanos is going to the bench. He's not a CF. No thanks.
    With the DH, all four can play at the same time. Goodwin is the one now taking PA’s from Aquino.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

12. Likes:

Rantly (09-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    With the DH, all four can play at the same time. Goodwin is the one now taking PA’s from Aquino.
    That's if you're fine with a corner OF playing CF. I'm not.

The Reds defense is bad enough as it is.

Goodwin is LH and starter is RH. Also, Goodwin is playing CF tonight, which Aquino can do in a pinch, but probably shouldn’t.

Shogo is finally hitting well, can’t take him out.

Meh.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

15. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-10-2020),Tom Servo (09-10-2020)

That's if you're fine with a corner OF playing CF. I'm not.

The Reds defense is bad enough as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Goodwin is LH and starter is RH. Also, Goodwin is playing CF tonight, which Aquino can do in a pinch, but probably shouldn’t.

Shogo is finally hitting well, can’t take him out.

Meh.
    One of the selling points on Shogo was that he could play CF. He has played CF for the Reds and done quite well so far. I have no issue with him playing there everyday.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

The four walks ARE NOT insignificant with Aquino. Last year in September he was chasing, and pitchers didn’t need to get near his wheelhouse. If he displays an eye and pitchers need to locate closer to the plate, watch out.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

One of the selling points on Shogo was that he could play CF. He has played CF for the Reds and done quite well so far. I have no issue with him playing there everyday.
    Nobody viewed him as a regular MLB CF before signing. He was always a corner OF.

He plays CF fine, but has limited range. If the Reds' corner OF wasn't terrible defensively and had better range, you could get away with it.

The amount of balls that fall in against the Reds that are typically outs is very noticeable.

19. Likes:

REDREAD (09-10-2020)

Nobody viewed him as a regular MLB CF before signing. He was always a corner OF.

He plays CF fine, but has limited range. If the Reds' corner OF wasn't terrible defensively and had better range, you could get away with it.

The amount of balls that fall in against the Reds that are typically outs is very noticeable.
    I disagree that it is very noticeable

Shogo defense has TO THIS POINT been far and wide better than his offense.

Any updates on start time?

Turn Off Ads?