Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Cubs 9-10-20

Re: Reds @ Cubs 9-10-20

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Just feel like Bell is not giving Aquino a shot that he deserves. In the few at bats he has gotten recently since being called back up, his OBP is .467. He can and has played all 3 OF positions well, and should be in the lineup at least every other game. In the same period, Shogo's OBP is .362 and Goodwin's OBP is .208. As soon as the Reds traded for Goodwin, I had a feeling Bell would use that as an excuse to not play Aquino.
    if the Reds organization disagreed with Bell’s use of Aquino, they would overrule him.

I’m sure the front office is fully aware of fans’ opinions in favor of playing Aquino. Yet Reds are sticking to their view that he is a spot player at this stage.

They likely have information that supports their view. I doubt the decision is totally arbitrary. And in any event, with so few games remaining, it’s unlikely to change.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-10-2020 at 09:30 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

9:30 ETA

4. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    Nobody viewed him as a regular MLB CF before signing. He was always a corner OF.

He plays CF fine, but has limited range. If the Reds' corner OF wasn't terrible defensively and had better range, you could get away with it.

The amount of balls that fall in against the Reds that are typically outs is very noticeable.
    Why do you think he has limited range? I have seen him get to several balls that i doubt any other OF'er on the roster would have been able to track down. Maybe I am misunderstanding the reference to range.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Why do you think he has limited range? I have seen him get to several balls that i doubt any other OF'er on the roster would have been able to track down. Maybe I am misunderstanding the reference to range.
    In the minors Aquino played 732 games in RF and 6 in CF.

It’s a pennant chase, they don’t view him as a CFer. Not the time to try things out, it’s not his position.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-10-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    if the Reds organization disagreed with Bell’s use of Aquino, they would overrule him.

I’m sure the front office is fully aware of fans’ opinions in favor of playing Aquino. Yet they Reds are sticking to their view that he is a spot player at this stage.

They likely have information that supports their view. I doubt the decision is totally arbitrary. And In any event, with so few games remaining, it’s unlikely to change.
    honestly, not sure I understand your response and others like it. I did not assume the FO was heavily involved in directing Bell who to put in the field, but maybe you are correct in your thoughts. The part about they probably have information and other stuff could be used as a counter to every disagreement a fan or someone outside the organization has with organizational decisions. Every time fans complained about VanMeter being in the lineup, we should just assume the organization knows best, and not have a negative opinion? Not trying to be an azz, but my opinion holds regardless if they have information they believe points them in a different direction....honestly, this staff and FO has no built up trust with me as a fan in their ability to make optimal decisions.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    Nobody viewed him as a regular MLB CF before signing. He was always a corner OF.

He plays CF fine, but has limited range. If the Reds' corner OF wasn't terrible defensively and had better range, you could get away with it.

The amount of balls that fall in against the Reds that are typically outs is very noticeable.
    There are 17 games left in the season. The Reds should be fine with Shogo playing CF for the next two weeks. In 119 innings so far, the stats say he’s been a bit above average in CF. Whatever benefit Goodwin brings defensively over Shogo in CF, Aquino provides greater benefit offensively over Goodwin, imo.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    In the minors Aquino played 732 games in RF and 6 in CF.

It’s a pennant chase, they don’t view him as a CFer. Not the time to try things out, it’s not his position.
    right, we should continue to do exactly what we have been doing since it has resulted in holding down the 12th spot in the NL. I have seen the guy play in the OF and seen him play all 3 positions well per my amateur eye. I have not noticed an issue with range....but recognize I may be missing something which is why I asked.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lou-piniella-c59d4059-e68e-4827-9cbf-9e01b2138e1-resize-750.jpeg 
Views:	65 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	16513 Still delay

Minutes to first pitch:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	480x480.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	16514

Joel Luckhaupt
    @jluckhaupt
    I didn't realize how much Castellanos has been struggling. Since 8/8 (29 games): .178/.282/.386(75 wRC+) with a 27% K-rate.

Joey lines a single to start the game

Lol

Nice start!

16. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-10-2020)

Castellanos hits a triple and scores Votto!

18. Likes:

fondfoat (09-11-2020),Ron Madden (09-10-2020)

Reds @ Cubs 9-10-20

Last time Joey scored from 1st....?

Turn Off Ads?