Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: 9-12-20 Reds @ Cardinals

Re: 9-12-20 Reds @ Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    It probably will not look much different unless they try to move contracts with little value.

C - Stephenson?
    1B - Votto
    2B - Moose
    3B - Geno
    SS - Garcia
    LF - Winker
    CF - Senzel
    RF - Castellanos
    4th OF - Shogo

most of those feel locked in unless they are traded
    I think a total rebuild is needed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don’t think Garcia is remotely locked in at SS. He probably needs another year in the minors. It really pains me to say that, but it’s true.
    so you believe they will go out and sign someone next season and send him back to minors? Maybe, but I honestly do not see it happening.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Take a look at the career numbers for MM and NC. Put that in this lineup along with ES's career numbers and you've got yourself a good offense. Instead we have 3 guys struggling to hit above .200
    I agree and I bought into it. They just haven’t performed and the lineup just doesn’t work together. Throw in none of our returning players ever get better and this is what we get.

Haunted by walks

Mentally, if not mathematically, eliminated.

www.TheMagGuy.com

1 hit off Dakota freakin Hudson.
    1 hit.
    I love it.

The Reds and David Bell deserve every drop of every blow out.
    There are VERY FEW scenarios where Amir Garrett should be put in the situation of ever facing Goldy.
    And this was definitely not one of those situations.
    I can only imagine how good this team could have been if they had a Joe Maddon, Boone, Yost, Kevin Cash, Bob Melvin, or even a Dusty Baker.
    David Bell just has no clue what so ever how to put his players in a position to succeed.
    It’s like he’s so far behind the 8-ball you wonder how he ever got the job anyway?
    His all time record at all levels speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Red View Post
    I think a total rebuild is needed.
    hard with Votto and Moose contract....I think they will try to compete through the remainder of Votto's contract. I just wonder if they have the stomach to go out and spend a little more this offseason, or will they just tinker to make it look like they made changes/additions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Mentally, if not mathematically, eliminated.
    yeah, this was the final nail....I would play Stephenson, Garcia and Aquino the rest of the season
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    hard with Votto and Moose contract....I think they will try to compete through the remainder of Votto's contract. I just wonder if they have the stomach to go out and spend a little more this offseason, or will they just tinker to make it look like they made changes/additions

I agree that they’ll try to win through Vottos contract. I just disagree with that decision. We have had a losing season every year if his newest contract and he’s still eating up a big chunk of the payroll and he’s a replacement level player now. We have too many holes to win on a small market budget. We’re just hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, this was the final nail....I would play Stephenson, Garcia and Aquino the rest of the season

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Still hard to believe we’re going to miss out on this expanded playoff format. Almost everyone makes it. I had such high hopes. I knew better. I still took the bait.

This team is dysfunctional from the top down. Organization needs a major overhaul.

And if Bell returns, I will not watch this team next season.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

10. Likes:

REDREAD (09-12-2020),texasdave (09-12-2020)

With essentially no chance to win, they need to give the trash innings to guys who need some work, like DeLeon or Stephenson.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Still hard to believe we’re going to miss out on this expanded playoff format. Almost everyone makes it. I had such high hopes. I knew better. I still took the bait.

This team is dysfunctional from the top down. Organization needs a major overhaul.

And if Bell returns, I will not watch this team next season.
    Me too, man. I swallowed the hook! Pisses me off.

If Bell isnt fired before the end of this season and they blame bad luck and keep him for next year, shows they are clueless to fix this mess

14. Likes:

REDREAD (09-13-2020)

The lack of hitting is the bane to the success of this team. No way around it

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Methinks Cowboy has not seen "Caddyshack."

Haunted by walks

The talk around baseball was that this team could win the Central. I think the players they brought in were definite upgrades, but established second-tier major leaguers. Not a Lindor or Ichiro (who is?) And too much of the short season had too much of the same Van Meter, Ervin, Casali and Farmer as last year, plus Davidson and Jankowski (sorry guys). Where’s that robust A lineup?

18. Likes:

757690 (09-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by zigbeenuthouse View Post
    The lack of hitting is the bane to the success of this team. No way around it
    Agree. But seriously, maybe they're just not that good. Hell, they make average pitchers look like Cy Young candidates on a regular basis.

Turn Off Ads?