Re: 9-12-20 Reds @ Cardinals

Name:  90847B73-9AD8-4386-B19F-0DF3659094C1.jpeg
Views: 212
Size:  100.6 KB

^^^^^^^^^^

As long as bell is our manager

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just terrible bullpen management tonight, plus the team has one hit.

Enough for me for one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Red View Post
    I’m not a huge Bell fan but our lineup is dog crap. Nobody could win win these guys. The front office deserves more of the blame. Their transactions the last two years are almost as laughable as their drafts.
    Disagree. The transactions were good. It's the performance and execution that's awful. Every one of these guys on the offensive side are performing way below their career norms. We all thought it was a good team on paper in the spring. And we were right. They've come out and laid an egg. It's on the players, not Williams and not really even Bell!

5. Likes:

Ed Otten (09-12-2020)

For whom the Bell tolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Sims way overworked there, don’t know what Bell was thinking.

Terrible.
    He’s clearly gased and leaves him in for the lefty then brings in AG for the righty. Sigh...

8. Likes:

Indymoon (09-12-2020)

And the Reds don't have Davidson to go to. Cardinals 6 - Cincinnati Chokers 1

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Haha....we’ve got the worst manager in baseball. And Gabe Kapler still exists.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

The Cardinals are nicely lucky against the Reds but their plate approaches and understanding what the pitcher is trying to do is light year’s ahead of the Reds organization and prep crew. It’s as if they know every single thing and tendency about us but Reds just know some of their tendencies. Like the Cardinals are all future managers and Reds have amnesia

Good night. No playoffs for us. We'll just have to enjoy each game for the entertainment value of one game. This one is not entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Disagree. The transactions were good. It's the performance and execution that's awful. Every one of these guys on the offensive side are performing way below their career norms. We all thought it was a good team on paper in the spring. And we were right. They've come out and laid an egg. It's on the players, not Williams and not really even Bell!
    IMO MM and NC were two guys that 29 other teams wouldn’t give a multi year deal and we were desperate enough to sign them. Shogo is just a flat out bust with his swing. Strop is gone and Miley barely showed up. I bought into it as much as anybody and I was wrong.

14. Likes:

Jomama (09-12-2020)

Rocket off Amir but we had that one played

Bell's pitching decisions worked out to mitigate the damage in the 4th, but blew up in his face in the 6th, from the start by leaving Sims in there after all those high stress pitches in the 4th to mitigate the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I just hope this team looks a lot different next year. 4-5 starters we’d be a lot better without. And Dugout Dunce as well.
    It probably will not look much different unless they try to move contracts with little value.

C - Stephenson?
    1B - Votto
    2B - Moose
    3B - Geno
    SS - Garcia
    LF - Winker
    CF - Senzel
    RF - Castellanos
    4th OF - Shogo

most of those feel locked in unless they are traded
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I don’t think Garcia is remotely locked in at SS. He probably needs another year in the minors. It really pains me to say that, but it’s true.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Red View Post
    IMO MM and NC were two guys that 29 other teams wouldn’t give a multi year deal and we were desperate enough to sign them. Shogo is just a flat out bust with his swing. Strop is gone and Miley barely showed up. I bought into it as much as anybody and I was wrong.
    Take a look at the career numbers for MM and NC. Put that in this lineup along with ES's career numbers and you've got yourself a good offense. Instead we have 3 guys struggling to hit above .200

Turn Off Ads?