Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer should have been dealt!!

Re: Trevor Bauer should have been dealt!!

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    If so, the Reds get whatever they can milk out of this season (playoffs, potential Cy for Bauer), draft pick compensation and Bauer's salary slot. Beats the pocket lint they'd have gotten if they traded him.
    That could very well be true but for the most part NO ONE knows for sure. We just don't know.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    They could get more than pocket lint for Bauer. Even Dick Williams could pull that off.
    Reds could get two useful future pieces at bare minimum for him.
    If Bauer is not resigned, the Reds are a mess next year, unless there's another huge cash infusion, they
    have a lot of needs to fill.
    Lots of bad, immovable contracts on the team now.. But I can see that as a reason to go for it now though.

I really don't care if Bauer wins the Cy Young or not. Not to be harsh, but individual awards don't mean much to me when
    the team struggles most of the year.

I get the idea of "enjoy him while he's here, go for the playoffs". That makes sense, even though I don't agree with it. I don't think it's worthwhile to keep him to get eliminated in the first round in a joke season of playoffs, where half the teams make it.

Just not apples to apples.

At the trade deadline Sonny was good, and with Sonny, Bauer and Castillo going in these short playoff series, the team has more than a 'joke" of a chance. So looking back just isn't going to ever be comparable.

4. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-15-2020)

Looking forward to the logic used on this topic when Bauer is starting World Series games this year...

6. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (09-15-2020),PuffyPig (09-15-2020),Rojo Rijo (09-15-2020),Tom Servo (09-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by zigbeenuthouse View Post
    That could very well be true but for the most part NO ONE knows for sure. We just don't know.
    That's the point. The knowns are all on the don't-trade side of the ledger. The unknown is what iffy kids in mothballs they'd have gotten in return.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That's the point. The knowns are all on the don't-trade side of the ledger. The unknown is what iffy kids in mothballs they'd have gotten in return.
    Front office is certainly looking wise right now having him to pitch with fat chance at playoffs. Reds may come up big on this.

Yep. No.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zigbeenuthouse View Post
    I'll stand on this and it's not hard to say, Bauer is not going to play for this club next season. You can put this as a sig if anyone wants to but he's gone. Big Market club with chance to win it all is going to get him. Reds are not going to be able to offer more than some other clubs who have a chance at world title. I'd LOVE to see him back but it's not going to happen. Padres, White Sox, maybe even Tampa Bay are possibilities..even the dreaded Cardinals? Cubs?
    You ain't worthy of a sig for dropping a bad hot take at 43 posts.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

11. Likes:

westofyou (09-16-2020)

It’s not even a hot take. Obviously it’s likely Bauer is going to sign with one of the big boys.

Who cares - at this point it’s obvious the reds made the correct decision keeping him.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

www.TheMagGuy.com

I disagree with a lot of what this management has done, but I’ve agreed with a lot also.
    But not dealing Bauer I absolutely agree with.
    It would have shown a sign of giving up.
    Bauer has been one of the best starting pitchers in baseball this season and without him the Reds would have had no chance of squeaking into the Playoffs in 2020.
    They would not have received much for him anyway in this short season.
    Bauer is a funny cat... if the Reds were to make some noise, get into the Playoffs, etc, I could see him actually accepting the QO. I think he likes it in Cincinnati. It’s close to all his family in Cleveland, and he is VERY ACTIVE around Cincinnati in charity work. Especially if he were to pitch well for the Reds in the Playoffs. It’s hard to turn down a rotation spot with Gray, Castillo, and urself anchoring it.
    The worst move the Reds have made is signing Wade Miley.
    I cringed the day I found out they drank that kool aid.

www.TheMagGuy.com

Trevor Bauer should have been dealt!!
    Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    They could get more than pocket lint for Bauer. Even Dick Williams could pull that off.
    Reds could get two useful future pieces at bare minimum for him.
    If Bauer is not resigned, the Reds are a mess next year, unless there's another huge cash infusion, they
    have a lot of needs to fill.
    Lots of bad, immovable contracts on the team now.. But I can see that as a reason to go for it now though.

I really don't care if Bauer wins the Cy Young or not. Not to be harsh, but individual awards don't mean much to me when
    the team struggles most of the year.

I get the idea of "enjoy him while he's here, go for the playoffs". That makes sense, even though I don't agree with it. I don't think it's worthwhile to keep him to get eliminated in the first round in a joke season of playoffs, where half the teams make it.

What’s the point of getting draft picks when your scouting is so horrible?
    Look at all the players the Reds have passed on in the last 8 drafts.
    Only to pick some joke pitcher that never even made the big club.
    Senzel and Winker have been about the only 2 picks that have panned out at all.
    Senzel really hasn’t done anything yet, and he was the “obvious” choice at the time.
    Winker is showing signs, but even his numbers would prob be average if he wasn’t playing half his games in GABP.
    My point is, with all the Clint Frazier’s, Tatis, Soto, Bichette, Biggio, Acuna, Nate Lowe’s or Kyle Tucker’s out there, we got none of em.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (09-19-2020)

Reds best pitcher is Trevor Bauer. I applaud not dealing him. To many times have they just handed there best players over for not much.

I also agree with the Reds not trading Bauer. It’s time to go for it, and they actually have a chance with him, Gray and Castillo if they can secure a playoff spot.
    Go BLUE!!!

18. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    You ain't worthy of a sig for dropping a bad hot take at 43 posts.
    That’s your prerogative

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s not even a hot take. Obviously it’s likely Bauer is going to sign with one of the big boys.

Who cares - at this point it’s obvious the reds made the correct decision keeping him.
    September 1st:

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The point is this team is bad and he refused to sell of players on expiring contracts for the future.

It was delusional to think this team could make the postseason. Anyone with eyeballs and an operating brain can see that.
    I'm here and loving the Jekyll and Hyde approach to posting. And more curiously, what happened to your eyeballs and brain in the last 2 weeks? Should we be filing a police report on your behalf?

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

21. Likes:

Crumbley (09-16-2020),fondfoat (09-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    September 1st:

I'm here and loving the Jekyll and Hyde approach to posting. And more curiously, what happened to your eyeballs and brain in the last 2 weeks? Should we be filing a police report on your behalf?
    BPD

Turn Off Ads?