3. Ke'Bryan Hayes (R) 3B
    4. Colin Moran (L) 1B
    5. Josh Bell (S) DH
    6. Gregory Polanco (L) RF
    7. Cole Tucker (S) CF
    8. JT Riddle (L) 2B
    9. Jacob Stallings (R) C
    SP Joe Musgrove (R)
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 09-15-2020 at 03:43 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 9-15-20 Reds vs Pirates

Good to see Winker back.

4. Likes:

CaiGuy (09-15-2020),Hamilton95 (09-15-2020),Kingspoint (09-15-2020),NC Reds (09-15-2020),RedsfaninMT (09-15-2020),Revering4Blue (09-15-2020),Ron Madden (09-15-2020),Tom Servo (09-15-2020)

Stephenson just can't do enough to get in

6. Likes:

Hamilton95 (09-15-2020),JarrodOnVinyl (09-15-2020),RedsBrick (09-15-2020)

Mark Sheldon @m_sheldon
    Suarez scratched. Leaving for paternity time. Moustakas will start at 3B and Galvis starting at 2B. Aquino is back on the active roster. #reds

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJ View Post
    Home run in first ever ab. Threw out Billy Hamilton in first ever start. Next start he hits a walk off home run...Going to be very interesting with Lorenzen starting...

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJ View Post
    My guess is he is going to a platoon type approach with the catchers in this game. (I hope)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    Eugenio Suarez was placed on the paternity list. Aristides Aquino is back on the active roster for tonight.
    Mike Moustakas will play 3B tonight and Freddy Galvis will start at 2B. #Reds

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    My guess is he is going to a platoon type approach with the catchers in this game. (I hope)
    I think it may be with Lorenzen starting, the pitchers are gonna need all the help behind the plate they can get. I suppose the thought is, Tucker squeezes more out of bad pitchers.

My thought is, Stephenson's bat more than makes up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I think it may be with Lorenzen starting, the pitchers are gonna need all the help behind the plate they can get. I suppose the thought is, Tucker squeezes more out of bad pitchers.

My thought is, Stephenson's bat more than makes up for it.
    I agree that Stephenson need to play especially tonight because more than likely they're going to score a fair amount of runs to win. I'm rooting hard for the Reds to win tonight but I got to be honest that lineup looks like the type you run out in meaningless September baseball
    Crazy Reds Fan

Has Nick C had an off day so far this year? Dude could use one in the worst way.

With Stephenson I am guessing it's just a case of easing him in. I imagine there is a lot that goes into preparing for a game for a catcher. They have a big impact on the pitching strategy and likely have to do some homework, strategy with coaching, maybe meet with the starter, etc.

He's probably up learning from the more experienced guys and getting his feet wet.

With Garcia and SS it's different...he doesn't have any direct impact on pitching strategy and doesn't have deal with any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    I agree that Stephenson need to play especially tonight because more than likely they're going to score a fair amount of runs to win. I'm rooting hard for the Reds to win tonight but I got to be honest that lineup looks like the type you run out in meaningless September baseball
    That’s all Lorenzen needs is a rookie catcher who may never have worked with him before.

We’re not talking about a pitcher who has everything under control these days.

Not going to say anything
    What would you say.....ya do here?

18. Likes:

HammerTime (09-15-2020),Patrick Bateman (09-15-2020),Rolando (09-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    That’s all Lorenzen needs is a rookie catcher who may never have worked with him before.

We’re not talking about a pitcher who has everything under control these days.
    Well then he has no business starting the game. Michael arenson has been in a big league since 2015. If he needs Tucker Barnhart the old his hand then I hope at the end of the year he is non-tendered. Because that's embarrassing
    Crazy Reds Fan

I would GUESS that Stephenson would do just fine behind the plate and probably add good bit to the offense. Seeing these games are crucial I would also GUESS Bell is worried Stephenson could mess up and cost them with pitches, etc? Trying to look at all angles. I will add Stephenson has a gun in throwing out runners so that should not be a concern. It's Bell's job here so he will win or lose with his choices.

Turn Off Ads?