Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-16-20 Reds vs Pirates

Re: 9-16-20 Reds vs Pirates

If Pete Rose and Robin Yount can move around and play different positions I'd guess our boy Senzel could play 2nd one game and CF another.

2. Likes:

goreds2 (09-16-2020),mth123 (09-16-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by zigbeenuthouse View Post
    If Pete Rose and Robin Yount can move around and play different positions I'd guess our boy Senzel could play 2nd one game and CF another.
    I'm not sure if Senzel has played 2B for a number of years? And I'm not sure if its fair to compare anyone to Rose or Yount.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I'm not sure if Senzel has played 2B for a number of years? And I'm not sure if its fair to compare anyone to Rose or Yount.
    I would say that the Reds intention at the beginning of the year was to have flexibility for situations such as this. Mookie Betts, who hasn’t played 2B, since coming up initially, is talking about playing a the position to help a positional need for the Dodgers.

But he’s been taking grounders and preparing for this for a month and signed off on it.

With Senzels various ailments this year I could see this moving lower on the priorities list, and probably not game ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I thought you were overreacting a bit after game one of the doubleheader. But now I agree that this is ridiculous.
    I’m surprised he hasn’t started, but I’m also not really thinking it’s a huge deal.

Like, has he ever caught Castillo before? I’d probably involve Luis in the discussion before arbitrarily making a move.

It’s also not like Casali is performing poorly. The last time this happened i think he walked twice in two plate appearances. He’s been good this year and earned his playing time.

As far as Stephenson goes, I would personally like to see him get some more work in and some starts. He’s been refreshing to watch and expect he would outhit Casali in the long run vs righties. It’s awkward time to work in a new catching prospect with less rapport with the starting staff.

He’s also projected to be something like a 670ish bat at this stage of the game coming into the year based on his minor league performance. It’s not like they are sitting the top prospect in baseball.

7. Likes:

Red Raindog (09-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Maybe I could have worded that different to say I'm sure Senzel could do both. He is not in same universe as those two but he is athletic enough to play both and has.

of course aquino cant play at all

I really hope Reds have Suarez back for the White Sox opener.

11. Likes:

goreds2 (09-16-2020),Ron Madden (09-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Was hoping we might start seeing Senzel at 2nd base in order to get Goodwin in the lineup over Galvis or Garcia. Not really sure how game ready he would be there so might not be worth the hassle.

Goodwin is hitting .194 for the Reds with a .250 OBP. They should not be trying to get him in the lineup. That's one of Bell's dilemmas. He has a bunch of guys who periodically have a couple of good games but no one who has sustained success.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Goodwin is hitting .194 for the Reds with a .250 OBP. They should not be trying to get him in the lineup. That's one of Bell's dilemmas. He has a bunch of guys who periodically have a couple of good games but no one who has sustained success.
    I’m not really concerned about a handful of recent at bats on Goodwin. I like his bat more than Galvis or Garcia.

I think the question is do you bother moving Galvis to ss, and senzel to 2B, to get goodwins bat in the lineup over Garcia?

At this point probably not with Galvis’ defensive struggles this year and Senzels weird season. All things equal I would have definitely thought it was a good idea.

Joel Luckhaupt
    @jluckhaupt
    Nick Castellanos has a .316 expected batting average, a .580 expected slugging percentage, and a .375 xwOBA this season...on just his balls in play that turned into outs.

15. Likes:

fondfoat (09-16-2020),podgejeff_ (09-16-2020),Tom Servo (09-16-2020)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

The #Reds bullpen, which struggled at the start of the year, has seen guys step up in different roles. The bullpen owns a 2.61 ERA over the last 13 games (5th in MLB) and a 3.74 ERA in the last month (8th in MLB).

With the off day tomorrow, anyone not named Bradley or Iglesias should keep their seats in the Reds bullpen tonight. Assuming the game is close.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Well that was nice.

19. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-16-2020)

Castellanos beats out an infield hit!

21. Likes:

podgejeff_ (09-16-2020)

Cast breaks a bat and beats a very good defensive attempt.

23. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-16-2020)

Turn Off Ads?