Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't believe for one second that we don't need Senzel in the lineup right now.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Don't believe for one second that we don't need Senzel in the lineup right now.

For us to win during the playoffs, we will need everything that he brings to this team. The sooner we get him plate appearances and innings in Center Field, the more quickly he's going to be able to do for the REDS what he does best....get on base, extend a pitcher's pitch-count, let other players see a plethora of pitches from the one on the mound, set the bar for playing Defense, doing whatever it takes to win. Senzel is a competitor and nobody hates the injuries more than him. He needs to be out there and I'm glad he's back.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

faffy42 (09-17-2020),GAC (09-17-2020),goreds2 (09-17-2020),Revering4Blue (09-17-2020),wally post (09-17-2020)

Re: Don't believe for one second that we don't need Senzel in the lineup right now.

Having your best players playing does tend to help the cause.

4. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (09-17-2020)

Re: Don't believe for one second that we don't need Senzel in the lineup right now.

This kid has had Hee Haw "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all" type of misfortune. When he's in the dugout, do they make him sit down in the corner isolated all by himself? LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Bock Senzel is a must start.

7. Likes:

podgejeff_ (09-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    Bock Senzel is a must start.
    I believe in Bock.

9. Likes:

CaiGuy (09-17-2020),OGB (09-18-2020),westofyou (09-17-2020)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I don't think anyone disagrees with any of that impassioned plea.

But I'm 38 pages into my dissertation on my controversial stance that water and food help people survive.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

11. Likes:

fondfoat (09-17-2020),M2 (09-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post

But I'm 38 pages into my dissertation on my controversial stance that water and food help people survive.
    You must have missed a game thread or two. I posted this in response to opinions in it wondering why he was even playing.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post

Is this food/water stance a Republican or Democratic position?

I should warn you, if you pick the wrong one, I am going to point out howridiculous your stance is because water drowns humans and food makes us fat. Plus you are probably just a (Chinese/Russian) bot promoting false conspiracies.

Senzel looked over-matched last night at the plate. Wish they had sent him down to Prasco to work on his timing for a few days. This would have been commonplace in any other season.

BTW, what was his actual injury this time? Never found out.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Senzel looked over-matched last night at the plate. Wish they had sent him down to Prasco to work on his timing for a few days. This would have been commonplace in any other season.

Covid-19
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Covid-19
    Another day to remember...

Must win game, Reds behind, ducks on the pond, tough right hand pitcher on the mound...
    Right now do you feel better with Goodwin or Senzel at the plate?

I want Senzel over Goodwin next year and the year after, etc. But right now today Senzel just doesn’t look ready. This weekend against the Sox where we have to generate offense, I’m a little more comfortable with Goodwin against right handers.

18. Likes:

jwdoc77 (09-17-2020),smixsell (09-18-2020)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

He was at Prasco from September 1st until the day he joined the roster on Monday.

20. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-17-2020),westofyou (09-17-2020)

Reds are going to need Senzel down the stretch, and yes his timing is off and he is rusty. I'd still play him. He needs the AB. I think to a large extent Winker suffers from time off although he cooled off before sitting due to back ailment. LOVE to see both start to hit. This offense can do some damage if it can only get going.

22. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by zigbeenuthouse View Post
    Reds are going to need Senzel down the stretch, and yes his timing is off and he is rusty. I'd still play him. He needs the AB. I think to a large extent Winker suffers from time off although he cooled off before sitting due to back ailment. LOVE to see both start to hit. This offense can do some damage if it can only get going.
    The only basis to play Senzel and Winker is their ability to contribute right now, this minute.

Whether they “need ABs” or can contribute down a future stretch is besides the point.

It’s a big problem to use slumping players at this stage unless there’s some reason to believe they are ready to contribute now. Same issue with DeSclafani, either he’s ready to pitch well or he’s not.

Up to the coaching staff to decide, but this isn’t the time to work on performance issues.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-17-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Turn Off Ads?