Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't believe for one second that we don't need Senzel in the lineup right now.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Don't believe for one second that we don't need Senzel in the lineup right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Every year it's something with Senzel.

You have no rebuttal for this. Because it's the truth.

My not so bold prediction is this will always be so.

You disagree. Insultingly, I might add. Because you are sad about your life. I can't help that. But I won't tolerate it either. Start a new chapter maybe and quit venting to strangers on the internet.

I will say this. When refrigerators came out. The last icebox salesman in the world. I'll bet he was a really good icebox salesman.

That's all I have for you. Paul Brown would probably tell you to go find your life's work. Maybe do that.
    You are trying to compare being injured to catching a virus that basically shut down the entire world and think that somehow that's connected and you're a genius. Guess you can't help that, either. But I'm not going to sit around and tolerate reading garbage like that, even on the internet, Bob.

You want to whine and complain that you think Nick Senzel is an injury waiting to happen? I think that's silly, but whatever. You want to try and compare his past of being injured to him getting sick? It's absolutely hot garbage, drunk caller to the postgame show nonsense.

2. Likes:

wally post (09-19-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Don't believe for one second that we don't need Senzel in the lineup right now.

Because you are sad about your life.
    Bob, this is grossly over the line. I get your point on Senzel, and Doug is being a bit brash, but this is really low stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

5. Likes:

RedsfaninMT (09-19-2020)

I don't believe for one second that Nick Senzel will be in the lineup right now. So, regardless of whether the Reds need Senzel, they're probably not getting a whole lot of him.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't believe for one second that Nick Senzel will be in the lineup right now. So, regardless of whether the Reds need Senzel, they're probably not getting a whole lot of him.
    I think he’s a strict platoon player for now until further notice.

Keuchel is going tomorrow, so we’ll find out soon.

I know this is a Senzel thread, but since Winker has been consistently brought up and debated, remember when some forum members said he didn't have enough power to ever be an effective major league hitter?
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

10. Likes:

westofyou (09-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Bob, this is grossly over the line. I get your point on Senzel, and Doug is being a bit brash, but this is really low stuff.

A bit brash? Check the dude's post history. He's consistently rude to people because he thinks his baseball opinions are better than others.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    A bit brash? Check the dude's post history. He's consistently rude to people because he thinks his baseball opinions are better than others.
    They usually ARE better opinions than others. But even aside from that point, let's just call me a jerk - the shoe fits, mostly.

This thread isn't me having some difference of opinion on some baseball thing. This is me saying "there is no relation whatsoever to a person's injury history and a person getting sick during a worldwide pandemic and to equate their getting sick to 'this was obviously going to happen to this player because they are always hurt' is outright dumb". That's not an opinion. There is absolutely no connection between "he has an injury history" and "that means he was likely to get sick". It's nonsensical.

13. Likes:

WrongVerb (09-19-2020)

I would suggest the “opinion” above is actually a “fact”.

I would suggest the “opinion” above is actually a “fact”.

Senzel is snakebit. Always has been. Most likely always will be. This extends to all things.

Not exactly a hot take. Debatable? Sure. "Nonsensical?" Not by any definition of the word, even with implied hyperbole.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Senzel is snakebit. Always has been. Most likely always will be. This extends to all things.

Not exactly a hot take. Debatable? Sure. "Nonsensical?" Not by any definition of the word, even with implied hyperbole.
    He is injury prone. Contracting a virus couldn’t have less to do with that. If he had some kind of weakened immune system making him more susceptible to viruses, it’s likely Covid would have killed him.

He is injury prone. Contracting a virus couldn’t have less to do with that. If he had some kind of weakened immune system making him more susceptible to viruses, it’s likely Covid would have killed him.

True. But we wouldn't even be having this conversation if he weren't made of glass.

We agree to disagree. Injury prone is a subset of snakebit, as is suceptibility to virus.

Some people are just like that. I didn't know Davidson, but of all the other more established Reds... I'll put it this way: When it was first leaked that another Red had COVID, I knew where my money was as to who.

Again, not exactly a hot take. And you know what? I'll bet if he walked under a ladder, a paint bucket would fall on his head, sidelining him for weeks. And yes, that too is part of being snakebit.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

We agree to disagree. Injury prone is a subset of snakebit, as is suceptibility to virus.

Some people are just like that. I didn't know Davidson, but of all the other more established Reds... I'll put it this way: When it was first leaked that another Red had COVID, I knew where my money was as to who.

Again, not exactly a hot take. And you know what? I'll bet if he walked under a ladder, a paint bucket would fall on his head, sidelining him for weeks. And yes, that too is part of being snakebit.
    Random events having nothing to do with physical exertion has nothing to do with being injury prone.

It might be more like tearing an Achilles while going for a slow jog around the park. Like things where you aren’t even exerting yourself when your body gives out easier than other players. A paint can falling on your head would have gotten Cal Ripken too if it hit him in the noggin.

Catching a virus from not taking all precautions, maybe even going for a beer with a buddy (not saying that’s what happened), would be more of a case of immaturity or stupidity than it is injury prone.

I’m pretty rarely on team Doug, but on this one, I agree, this is nonsense stuff.

Random events having nothing to do with physical exertion has nothing to do with being injury prone.

It might be more like tearing an Achilles while going for a slow jog around the park. Like things where you aren’t even exerting yourself when your body gives out easier than other players. A paint can falling on your head would have gotten Cal Ripken too if it hit him in the noggin.

Catching a virus from not taking all precautions, maybe even going for a beer with a buddy (not saying that’s what happened), would be more of a case of immaturity or stupidity than it is injury prone.

I’m pretty rarely on team Doug, but on this one, I agree, this is nonsense stuff.

A paint can once fell on my head. It wasn't really that bad. I went inside, cleaned up, bought another can of paint, and continued painting the house. That is what is wrong with kids these days. A can of paint falls on their head and it is a 15 day trip to the DL.

Turn Off Ads?