Turn Off Ads?
Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19, Part VIII - heading into flu season

Re: COVID-19, Part VIII - heading into flu season

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Wear a N95 mask with a filter, stay six feet away from people, don’t stay inside for an extended period, wash your hands afterwards, and all the experts plus my doctors say you’ll be fine. This has been the advice for high risk people since day one.
    Except for N95 masks which have never even been mentioned, that's what restaurants are doing.

Also, it has been stated here numerous times that the mask is more for the public and not for the wearer anyway.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Except for N95 masks which have never even been mentioned, that's what restaurants are doing.

Also, it has been stated here numerous times that the mask is more for the public and not for the wearer anyway.
    The regular cloth mask is more for the pubilc, but the N95 mask or any mask with 90%+ effectiveness, actually protects you. It’s why all the doctors and nurses used them and needed them at the beginning when there was a shortage.

Back in early March (before most people were even aware of Covid-19), my doctors advised me and all high risk patients to get N95 masks and wear them whenever we left the house.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

The regular cloth mask is more for the pubilc, but the N95 mask or any mask with 90%+ effectiveness, actually protects you. It’s why all the doctors and nurses used them and needed them at the beginning when there was a shortage.

Back in early March (before most people were even aware of Covid-19), my doctors advised me and all high risk patients to get N95 masks and wear them whenever we left the house.
    No, cloth masks are not recommended at all. The medical masks have been recommended and readily available since late April, and nearly everyone wears them. The N5 mask has never been recommended for the public because they need to be available for medical personnel.

No, cloth masks are not recommended at all. The medical masks have been recommended and readily available since late April, and nearly everyone wears them. The N5 mask has never been recommended for the public because they need to be available for medical personnel.
    First, the regular cloth mask is recommended if it is your only option. It absolutely is better than nothing. But surgical masks are recommended if you have access to them, which most do.

Second, we are not talking about the general public, we are talking about high risk patients. They are recommended to get the N95 mask (not the N95 resperator) or any mask that is 90%+ efficient. My doctors sent out an email to all their high risk patients in the first week of March, recommending that we get an N95 mask if we wanted to go out in public. This was before anyone knew about the shortage. Even during the shortage, we were recommended to get and wear them, though anyone who didn’t already have one was going to have to wait quite awhile.

There now are plenty of masks with 90% effectiveness available for those most vulnerable.

Here is a good article on masks from John Hopkins:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...u-need-to-know
    Last edited by 757690; 10-25-2020 at 11:52 PM.

First, the regular cloth mask is recommended if it is your only option. It absolutely is better than nothing. But surgical masks are recommended if you have access to them, which most do.

Second, we are not talking about the general public, we are talking about high risk patients. They are recommended to get the N95 mask (not the N95 resperator) or any mask that is 90%+ efficient. My doctors sent out an email to all their high risk patients in the first week of March, recommending that we get an N95 mask if we wanted to go out in public. This was before anyone knew about the shortage. Even during the shortage, we were recommended to get and wear them, though anyone who didn’t already have one was going to have to wait quite awhile.

There now are plenty of masks with 90% effectiveness available for those most vulnerable.
    We are not talking about the week when the pandemic broke. We are talking about now, and above you said that vulnerable people had to wear N95 masks. You make up so much stuff you can't even remember what you said.

The state says that people can go indoors if they wear a mask covering the nose and mouth and maintain distance. N95 masks have never been mentioned and they are not in the mandate. I really don't care if we shut down restaurants, but if they do they better go whole hog and shut down everything else too, because it's just as dangerous to waddle into Kroger and get a 12 pack too.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I really don't care if we shut down restaurants, but if they do they better go whole hog and shut down everything else too, because it's just as dangerous to waddle into Kroger and get a 12 pack too.
    No it isn’t

8. Likes:

757690 (10-26-2020),Bob Sheed (10-26-2020),Larkin Fan (10-26-2020),M2 (10-26-2020),westofyou (10-26-2020)

We are not talking about the week when the pandemic broke. We are talking about now, and above you said that vulnerable people had to wear N95 masks. You make up so much stuff you can't even remember what you said.

The state says that people can go indoors if they wear a mask covering the nose and mouth and maintain distance. N95 masks have never been mentioned and they are not in the mandate. I really don't care if we shut down restaurants, but if they do they better go whole hog and shut down everything else too, because it's just as dangerous to waddle into Kroger and get a 12 pack too.
    I responded to this post of yours.

Oh, one other thing, when I recently said that the only way a vulnerable person could remain safe and be sure not to catch the virus was to isolate, I was told not to play doctor and they didn't need to isolate. But can they go indoors with masks or can't they? I personally wouldn't if I was vulnerable, but I haven't checked with my doctor.
    I was specifically answering your question in bold. The answer is “yes,” vulnerable people can go inside with mask as long as they are the proper mask. That is what the doctors and experts have been saying from day one.

I responded to this post of yours.

I was specifically answering your question in bold. The answer is “yes,” vulnerable people can go inside with mask as long as they are the proper mask. That is what the doctors and experts have been saying from day one.
    You said N95 masks. That is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    No it isn’t
    How so? At least here, it is impossible to maintain distance in a grocery store and mask compliance is less. Everyone merges into the same checkout lane and they stopped sanitizing between uses at the registers. In restaurants, people are stationary and a dedicated sanitizer is cleaning constantly. There is one entrance, and masking is enforced.

That's why restaurants are not the source of the spike. They have been open for months and there was no spike all that time.

How so? At least here, it is impossible to maintain distance in a grocery store and mask compliance is less. Everyone merges into the same checkout lane and they stopped sanitizing between uses at the registers. In restaurants, people are stationary and a dedicated sanitizer is cleaning constantly. There is one entrance, and masking is enforced.

That's why restaurants are not the source of the spike. They have been open for months and there was no spike all that time.
    Almost everyone in Kroger is still wearing a mask, from what I can tell. And almost no one in restaurants is wearing them at their tables, because you can’t eat with a mask on. And since distancing doesn’t make a difference when you’re inside unmasked, that would make restaurants riskier than grocery stores.

You said N95 masks. That is absurd.
    That is what was recommended. You realize N95 masks are basically masks that are 95% effective. It's not absurd, they are rather common, used in heavily in construction and painting. Anyone can get them now (and for the past many months), though you probably need to get the KN95 masks which are basically N95 masks from China.

That is what was recommended. You realize N95 masks are basically masks that are 95% effective. It's not absurd, they are rather common, used in heavily in construction and painting. Anyone can get them now (and for the past many months), though you probably need to get the KN95 masks which are basically N95 masks from China.
    No, there is a plethora of mask standards for industry, and you can't assume that they are N95 equivalent, and in all likelihood, they are not. Look up the OSHS regs and you'll see what the requirements are. Most times industry just requires dust masks.

In any event, not event the state mandate mentions a mask standard. You are just making stuff up.

Almost everyone in Kroger is still wearing a mask, from what I can tell. And almost no one in restaurants is wearing them at their tables, because you can’t eat with a mask on. And since distancing doesn’t make a difference when you’re inside unmasked, that would make restaurants riskier than grocery stores.
    Distancing doesn't matter when you are unmasked inside? Better call the scientists then.

And what is causing the spike over the last month? Nothing has changed on the restaurant side. But schools opened, and there are more private events due to sports opening up again.

Distancing doesn't matter when you are unmasked inside? Better call the scientists then
    No need: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ars-cov-2.html

17. Likes:

M2 (10-26-2020)

Then why did the governor permit it?

Turn Off Ads?