Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19, Part VIII - heading into flu season

Re: COVID-19, heading into flu season

As I understand it, the reason why 6 feet gets recommended is it's about a body length. It can be hard to judge 10 feet, at least horizontally.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    As I understand it, the reason why 6 feet gets recommended is it's about a body length. It can be hard to judge 10 feet, at least horizontally.
    No, it was the recommended length of effectiveness from a study done in the early '30's, and the WHO never updated their recommendations when they first adopted this distance for airborn diseases a very long time ago even though multiple studies afterwards proved 6 feet to be wrong and that 10 feet (or better) outside and 20 feet (or better) inside.

10 feet couldn't work in the public outdoors as there would have to be closed streets like they did in NYC and Portland in March so people could walk in the streets.

20 feet couldn't work with the public indoors as there could only be one person per room and they couldn't go from room to room.

So, 6 feet was adopted, even though it truly is not a distance that is effective indoors. They figure it helps better than 2 feet, like masks help better than no masks, though even with masks, it's not completely effective, since everywhere you go people don't wear masks, especially any type of public transportation (it's racism if anyone tells a black person to wear a mask in Oregon, but it's not racism if anyone tells a white person...wrap your mind around that racist idea).
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 09-23-2020 at 02:20 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Name:  IMG_0265.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  40.0 KB
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

The craziest thing about all this is the gas-lighting of herd immunity. It's an accepted scientific precept. I just don't get what's going on with people.

Pretty good run-down on this:

https://off-guardian.org/2020/09/22/...ithout-a-cold/

Recently, the evidence has arisen that the immunological response of the human organism follows at least 4 mechanisms, three using antibodies and a fourth a lymphocyte type, the T cell. Boyman and collaborators make an estimation that the published percentages of positive antibody presence in various populations can be multiplied by 5 (e.g. a 15% result amounts then to a 60% population immunization).

This goes well with the evidence presented above of a large number of infections with no or few symptoms, and represents a percentage able to provide a so-called herd immunity.

More evidence is also firmly accumulating that cross immunizations between different corona strains is frequent, so that human beings already infected earlier by another corona strain will be protected against the risk to get a severe form and might even remain asymptomatic (see here, here, here and here).

This can explain the high amount of benign or even asymptomatic forms in children, who share their virus loads frequently and efficiently thanks to their close play and interaction behaviors.

That a sufficient and efficient amount of herd immunity could develop itself in the current human population fits well with the presence of completed daily death toll curves (number of deaths per day) of the COVID-19 epidemic episode in a large number of countries. Daily death toll curves have indeed started their regression since the beginning of April in many countries worldwide.
    Last edited by Rojo; 09-23-2020 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    This can explain the high amount of benign or even asymptomatic forms in children, who share their virus loads frequently and efficiently thanks to their close play and interaction behaviors.
    This is the part that REALLY pisses me off.

Even the Covid bedwetters accept that it doesn't affect kids and then go on to say kids are big disease vectors.

Well let's put both of these things together.

Kids are virus garbage cans and don't get C-19.

Do you need to me to finish this?

Wrapping your kids in saran-wrap is TERRIBLE for them. When I was born, my granny told my mom to get a dog.
    Last edited by Rojo; 09-23-2020 at 09:46 PM.

I don't want any part of this.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Please be finished.

9. Likes:

757690 (09-23-2020),Gainesville Red (09-24-2020),Kinsm (09-23-2020),Larkin Fan (09-23-2020),M2 (09-23-2020),New Fever (09-28-2020),SteelSD (09-24-2020),Wonderful Monds (09-23-2020),WrongVerb (09-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Please be finished.
    Doug, I have sympathy, if you're legit compromised. And even its about being neurotic, I get it. I'm totally neurotic, But I have to draw the line if your neuroticism condemns kids to early-life trauma and compromised immune systems.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Please be finished.
    The "likes" are disgusting.

Disgusting.

Babies are supposed to bond with their mothers and fathers. They're not supposed to be isolated. They're supposed to pick up the "germs" from their parents and dogs an kitties.

The "likes" are disgusting.

Disgusting.

Babies are supposed to bond with their mothers and fathers. They're not supposed to be isolated. They're supposed to pick up the "germs" from their parents and dogs an kitties.
    Most of the likes, including the poster, couldn't relate to that.

13. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (09-24-2020),Rojo (09-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Most of the likes, including the poster, couldn't relate to that.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/N9aF9sHZNYVKer3w6
    Last edited by Rojo; 09-24-2020 at 01:59 AM.

When I was born, my granny told my mom to get a dog.
    I'm sure as you grew older, your mother was very grateful to Granny for suggesting that she have at least one trusted, attentive companion that was capable of following basic direction while remembering not to poop where it eats.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

16. Likes:

M2 (09-24-2020)

This is the part that REALLY pisses me off.

Even the Covid bedwetters accept that it doesn't affect kids and then go on to say kids are big disease vectors.

Well let's put both of these things together.

Kids are virus garbage cans and don't get C-19.

Wrapping your kids in saran-wrap is TERRIBLE for them. When I was born, my granny told my mom to get a dog.
    When you quote yourself in a thread you have in fact "finished it"

You keep doing what you do. At the bare minimum, you keep this thread and crummy subject thought-provoking. At the best, you speak the truth that few want to hear.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

19. Likes:

Rojo (09-26-2020)

Those kids are all dead now.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?