Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19, Part VIII - heading into flu season

Re: COVID-19, heading into flu season

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I'm sure as you grew older, your mother was very grateful to Granny for suggesting that she have at least one trusted, attentive companion that was capable of following basic direction while remembering not to poop where it eats.
    I don't know what this means. But "following basic direction" sounds right up your alley.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    You keep doing what you do. At the bare minimum, you keep this thread and crummy subject thought-provoking. At the best, you speak the truth that few want to hear.
    Just wait. It's Saturday Night and I'm bourbon-ing up to the MOAR (Mother of All Rants).

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    That’s not what I asked. I wanted to know why their cases haven’t been rising like much of the rest of Europe.
    Yes it does. Their culture. They follow the rules, so even without a strict lockdown, they stay away from each other and act in a safe manner.

The rest of Europe isn’t as obedient, so when the lockdown rules are relaxed, like they were, the numbers go up.

But regardless, what his happening is small time frame, in a tiny country, doesn’t inform us about how to deal with this worldwide. If we look at the bigger picture, at countries that followed the science and compare them to countries that didn’t follow the science, we see a stark contract. More importantly, we find in the countries that didn’t follow the science, that stayed open, that they experienced massive cases, deaths and an overload of the hospitals.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Yes it does. Their culture. They follow the rules, so even without a strict lockdown, they stay away from each other and act in a safe manner.

The rest of Europe isn’t as obedient, so when the lockdown rules are relaxed, like they were, the numbers go up.

But regardless, what his happening is small time frame, in a tiny country, doesn’t inform us about how to deal with this worldwide. If we look at the bigger picture, at countries that followed the science and compare them to countries that didn’t follow the science, we see a stark contract. More importantly, we find in the countries that didn’t follow the science, that stayed open, that they experienced massive cases, deaths and an overload of the hospitals.
    Germans don’t follow the rules? The Dutch?

Indians are an unruly lot? Mexicans? Hell even the superheroes New Zealand are experiencing a bounceback. It should also be occurring in Sweden but isn’t.

Just admit you don’t know. None of you do. At all. Just possess enough humility to own that fact.

Truly astonishing. How is an entire nation dismissed as a "small sample size"? Japan didn't lock down and did fine. Spain revived the ghost of Franco and leads the world in Covid deaths. Where are you getting this?

Germans don’t follow the rules? The Dutch?

Indians are an unruly lot? Mexicans? Hell even the superheroes New Zealand are experiencing a bounceback. It should also be occurring in Sweden but isn’t.

Just admit you don’t know. None of you do. At all. Just possess enough humility to own that fact.
    I never said anyone knew, but offered a logical explanation.

Again, you are looking at small time frame of a tiny country. Hell, if New Zealand is experiencing a bit of a bounce back, that should tell us much more the disease than what is happening in Sweden.

Basically, you are taking one game from a backup player, and using that to make assumptions about the offensive production of baseball overall. It’s nonsense, the stuff of conspiracy theorist, and needs to be ignored.

I never said anyone knew, but offered a logical explanation.

Again, you are looking at small time frame of a tiny country. Hell, if New Zealand is experiencing a bit of a bounce back, that should tell us much more the disease than what is happening in Sweden.

Basically, you are taking one game from a backup player, and using that to make assumptions about the offensive production of baseball overall. It’s nonsense, the stuff of conspiracy theorist, and needs to be ignored.
    You’re making no sense.

9. Likes:

Rojo (09-26-2020)

You’re making no sense.
    Lol, I have no idea why I try. My mistake.

Lol, I have no idea why I try. My mistake.
    I don’t either. You could just say, We don’t know because the science is not even clear to the point of explaining much of any of it at this point other than it’s fatal for very old and unwell people.

12. Likes:

Rojo (09-26-2020)

I don’t either. You could just say, We don’t know because the science is not even clear to the point of explaining much of any of it at this point other than it’s fatal for very old and unwell people.
    It is fatal for every age group. This line of thinking has resulted in the unnecessary deaths of many innocents.

I stand corrected. You are presenting conspiracy theories that have been proven false. You really need to stop.

It is fatal for every age group. This line of thinking has resulted in the unnecessary deaths of many innocents.

I stand corrected. You are presenting conspiracy theories that have been proven false. You really need to stop.
    It’s statistically accurate to say that is virtually never deadly for those under 60 or those with few health issues. It may change, but that’s what we know at this point.

It is fatal for every age group.
    It's less deadly than influenza for young people.

It’s statistically accurate to say that is virtually never deadly for those under 60 or those with few health issues. It may change, but that’s what we know at this point.
    “Virtually never deadly” means nothing when it’s your child who dies. More importantly, you are ignoring many other outcomes besides death that should be avoided.

And that is an inaccurate way to describe it. The statistical death rate of those who drive drunk is virtually none, but we still avoid doing it. The statistical death rate of those who eat spoiled meat is virtually none, but we still avoid doing it.

“Virtually never deadly” means nothing when it’s your child who dies. More importantly, you are ignoring many other outcomes besides death that should be avoided.

And that is an inaccurate way to describe it. The statistical death rate of those who drive drunk is virtually none, but we still avoid doing it. The statistical death rate of those who eat spoiled meat is virtually none, but we still avoid doing it.
    My guess is that drunk driving and spoiled meat are considerably more deadly than Covid for the same subset of people.

My guess is that drunk driving and spoiled meat are considerably more deadly than Covid for the same subset of people.
    10,511 people died from drunk driving last year. So, no.

Turn Off Ads?