Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    To me the common denominator is Turner...
    If Taylor doesn't last long, I hope the lesson the Bengals take is to find a head coach who has a concrete plan of his coaching staff. It was good that the team didn't force anyone but Darrin Simmons on Taylor, but Zac didn't exactly light it up with who he hired. I could see Taylor firing some staff members if they go 4-12, but he's still going to have problems attracting any quality assistants because he will be perceived to be on the hot seat.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I could be wrong, but I believe Hart is traditionally one of the worst graded run blocking tackles in the league, at least according to PFF.
    His "C-" run-blocking grade through two games is something we aren't accustomed to. He was always young enough to improve in this area, but watching him try to pass-block is scary. There are plays where he doesn't even touch a defender and stands there watching two guys go around him untouched to the quarterback.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I could be wrong, but I believe Hart is traditionally one of the worst graded run blocking tackles in the league, at least according to PFF.
    Hart grades out 63rd out of 71 tackles on his side in pass blocking his run blocking is what moves his overall ranking up...

I think what some of these numbers also show is how hard it is to develop good offensive lineman these days...I don't see Turner being the guy to turn this unit around.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    His "C-" run-blocking grade through two games is something we aren't accustomed to. He was always young enough to improve in this area, but watching him try to pass-block is scary. There are plays where he doesn't even touch a defender and stands there watching two guys go around him untouched to the quarterback.
    Shows how bad things are when his only redeeming quality is C- in run blocking...dear lord.

I wouldn't draw too many conclusions through two games when there's his entire career to consider. Maybe he has marginally improved there, but I think it's more likely he finishes with a bottom tier grade in that area over the course of an entire season. We both know he'll be out there for 16 games if healthy, as the Bengals clearly think they know something about him the fans and the rest of the NFL don't.

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-25-2020)

I wouldn't draw too many conclusions through two games when there's his entire career to consider. Maybe he has marginally improved there, but I think it's more likely he finishes with a bottom tier grade in that area over the course of an entire season. We both know he'll be out there for 16 games if healthy, as the Bengals clearly think they know something about him the fans and the rest of the NFL don't.
    When they signed him the first time, I screamed. When they resigned him, I felt like I got kicked in the gut.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

10. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-25-2020)

Bettors are jumping on the Joe Burrow bandwagon (yes, apparently there is a bandwagon for Burrow) and jumping off of anything to do with Carson Wentz.

The line has dropped from Bengals +6.5 to Bengals + 4.5. A 2.0-point swing is a ton in betting circles.

Have they not seen the D-Line and O-Line of the Bengals?

Last time I looked, Miles Sanders was excellent last week.

And, then there's the Bengals' Kicker. Yeah, he made some kicks last week right down the pipe, but he was kicking for his job. He's just as likely to miss one or two he should make this week (as he grabs his leg, but remembers in the press conference which one it is before he speaks).

Would a win be nice? I really could care less if the Bengals win. All I care about are two things: The Offensive Line improves dramatically and Joe Burrow doesn't get hurt and Joe Burrow gets hit less than 7 times when he's not running with the ball. OK, that's three things.

I think the Eagles and Bengals match up pretty evenly, honestly. I expect a close game, Eagles favorited because they are at home.

Vegas usually doesn't get it wrong.

All it would take is one or two in-game unknowns to swing in the Bengals favor and they'll walk out with a W.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 09-25-2020 at 06:12 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

If Atkins and Green return to form, this team looks like a playoff team to me believe it or not.

Bad offensive lines typically get better as the season goes on. Burrow should make leaps and bounds weekly, assuming he can stay healthy.

If they can squeak out a few wins in the 1st half of the season, they might be a sleeper pick in the 2nd half.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I think the Eagles and Bengals match up pretty evenly, honestly. I expect a close game, Eagles favorited because they are at home.

Vegas usually doesn't get it wrong.

All it would take is one or two in-game unknowns to swing in the Bengals favor and the'yll walk out with a W.
    That's my point. Vegas doesn't usually get it wrong (except for Weeks 1 & 2 every year). Favorites have covered on 65% of the games in Weeks 1 & 2 this year (or was it Underdogs that covered...either way, 65% all on one side is a very large number through the first two weeks). Bengals were 6.5-point underdogs for the first line. That's probably more accurate.

Hearing rumors Ross will be inactive this week...

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Hearing rumors Ross will be inactive this week...
    If hes a healthy scratch then they should just cut him.

Mahommes, TJ Watt, Watson, all were picked after John Glass.

Duke.
    Tobin.

Tired of that Friends and Family Club fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Mahommes, TJ Watt, Watson, all were picked after John Glass.

Duke.
    Tobin.

Tired of that Friends and Family Club fool.
    I will forever scratch my head on the Ross pick...

He automatically went into Marvin's dog house as he was not the pick Marvin wanted to make.

A lot of folks missed on Mahommes though...but man looking at that draft you just shake your head at what could have been.

Bettors are jumping on the Joe Burrow bandwagon (yes, apparently there is a bandwagon for Burrow) and jumping off of anything to do with Carson Wentz.

The line has dropped from Bengals +6.5 to Bengals + 4.5. A 2.0-point swing is a ton in betting circles.

Have they not seen the D-Line and O-Line of the Bengals?

Last time I looked, Miles Sanders was excellent last week.

And, then there's the Bengals' Kicker. Yeah, he made some kicks last week right down the pipe, but he was kicking for his job. He's just as likely to miss one or two he should make this week (as he grabs his leg, but remembers in the press conference which one it is before he speaks).

Would a win be nice? I really could care less if the Bengals win. All I care about are two things: The Offensive Line improves dramatically and Joe Burrow doesn't get hurt and Joe Burrow gets hit less than 7 times when he's not running with the ball. OK, that's three things.
    Add not throwing 60+ times a game because the Eagles jump out to an early lead and the Bengals are playing catch-up. There’s four things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?