Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Hart is out for Sunday

Williams and Hopkins are day to day...

We may see the line that finished the game in their on Sunday against the Titans
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Xavier Su'a-Filo is out until week 10...due to the foot injury that happened in week 1

I've watched almost all of every game. Have we even pressured the opposing QB once this year? (of course I'm sure we have), but I can't remember it. This is why Dunlap has to get traded if not cut. If we're gonna be bad there they should at least be drama free.

They’re ignoring Dunlap this year just like they mostly did Cordy Glenn last year. Glenn wasn’t as publicly vocal, but it seems like a pretty lenient staff when it comes to discipline

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I've watched almost all of every game. Have we even pressured the opposing QB once this year? (of course I'm sure we have), but I can't remember it. This is why Dunlap has to get traded if not cut. If we're gonna be bad there they should at least be drama free.
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 10-27-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Higgins has been really impressive so far. We can debate whether WR was the right pick at 33, but at least it looks like they hit on a good player who is going to have a nice connection with Burrow for a long time.

https://twitter.com/pff_bengals/stat...220917763?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Higgins has been really impressive so far. We can debate whether WR was the right pick at 33, but at least it looks like they hit on a good player who is going to have a nice connection with Burrow for a long time.

https://twitter.com/pff_bengals/stat...220917763?s=21

Higgins is on track to be a very good player, but I will still make the argument it was a bad pick at the time.

I am a big believer you win with line play, both offensive and defensive. The state of the Bengals lines are terrible, and will take a ton of resources to fix. I was watching the game Sunday thinking there are so many holes on the OLine and DLine that its embarrassing.

FWIW I think Higgins will continue to improve if AJ Green continues to play well.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Higgins is on track to be a very good player, but I will still make the argument it was a bad pick at the time.

I am a big believer you win with line play, both offensive and defensive. The state of the Bengals lines are terrible, and will take a ton of resources to fix. I was watching the game Sunday thinking there are so many holes on the OLine and DLine that its embarrassing.

FWIW I think Higgins will continue to improve if AJ Green continues to play well.
    I would love to fix up the OL and DL, but none of the OL or DL drafted around Higgins have done anything yet. They took BPA at a position of need, and right now he's one of the best players taken in Round 2.

9. Likes:

Boss-Hog (10-27-2020),RiverRat13 (10-27-2020)

Quinton Spain set to sign once he clears CV19 testing

11. Likes:

redsfandan (10-28-2020),RiverRat13 (10-27-2020)

I would love to fix up the OL and DL, but none of the OL or DL drafted around Higgins have done anything yet. They took BPA at a position of need, and right now he's one of the best players taken in Round 2.
    I get the BPA philosophy and most of the time I agree with that. My biggest issue is I look at the current team and their current holes and realized they had a massive chance to really upgrade their OL and DL and failed to do so.

Hopefully this Spain guy can fix a problem on the OL, but they have a lot of holes, don't like to spend FA money, and won't have near the draft capital this season.

I get the BPA philosophy and most of the time I agree with that. My biggest issue is I look at the current team and their current holes and realized they had a massive chance to really upgrade their OL and DL and failed to do so.

Hopefully this Spain guy can fix a problem on the OL, but they have a lot of holes, don't like to spend FA money, and won't have near the draft capital this season.
    Right, but of the players available at 33, who would you have taken to fix either line that would have been a good pick? I don't think any of the DL or OL drafted in Round 2 have been productive so far. If they would have taken one, we would be talking about how the Bengals second round pick was a waste.

I also think the DL was considered to be average, if not slightly above coming into the season. Then Dunlap disappeared, and Atkins, Reader, and Hubbard got hurt. 4 of their 5 top DL are not playing. It's obviously a glaring need now, but it didn't look like a disaster heading into the draft.

14. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (10-27-2020)

Right, but of the players available at 33, who would you have taken to fix either line that would have been a good pick? I don't think any of the DL or OL drafted in Round 2 have been productive so far. If they would have taken one, we would be talking about how the Bengals second round pick was a waste.

I also think the DL was considered to be average, if not slightly above coming into the season. Then Dunlap disappeared, and Atkins, Reader, and Hubbard got hurt. 4 of their 5 top DL are not playing. It's obviously a glaring need now, but it didn't look like a disaster heading into the draft.
    Yetur Gross-Matos or AJ Epenesa would have been decent picks at the DE. Blacklock could have shored up the DT with Atkins getting older. Robert Hunt is now starting at G for the Dolphins would have up the G position.

What is shocking is they ignored OL and DL until the 5th round. There were OL starters drafted in the later rounds that they could have grabbed as well. The Higgins pick confused me, but then ignoring the lines for the next two rounds was horrible.

Yetur Gross-Matos or AJ Epenesa would have been decent picks at the DE. Blacklock could have shored up the DT with Atkins getting older. Robert Hunt is now starting at G for the Dolphins would have up the G position.

What is shocking is they ignored OL and DL until the 5th round. There were OL starters drafted in the later rounds that they could have grabbed as well. The Higgins pick confused me, but then ignoring the lines for the next two rounds was horrible.
    Gross-Matos, Epenesa, and Blacklock have combined for 1.5 sacks and 11 tackles and haven't even been active for every game. Hunt is starting because of injury and hasn't been good. Right now he's worse than what the Bengals are putting out at Guard. We would all be unhappy with those picks if the Bengals had made them. Maybe they turn into good players down the line, but none of them would help the 2020 Bengals the way Higgins has.

I can see the argument for taking an OL in Round 3 or 4, but they had to choose whether to upgrade one of the worst OL in the NFL or the worst linebacking corps in the NFL. An OL would have been great, but there are only so many holes you can plug in one draft. It should obviously be top priority this offseason though.

17. Likes:

membengal (10-27-2020)

The difficulty of filling so many holes in the draft is why other avenues such as trades, waiver wire and fee agency might need exploring, but sell they did for the OL there was sign an injury prone guard who has been injured all season. They might have as well kept John Miller who had similar grades as a player, but I guess Xavier was a bit cheaper

Gross-Matos, Epenesa, and Blacklock have combined for 1.5 sacks and 11 tackles and haven't even been active for every game. Hunt is starting because of injury and hasn't been good. Right now he's worse than what the Bengals are putting out at Guard. We would all be unhappy with those picks if the Bengals had made them. Maybe they turn into good players down the line, but none of them would help the 2020 Bengals the way Higgins has.

I can see the argument for taking an OL in Round 3 or 4, but they had to choose whether to upgrade one of the worst OL in the NFL or the worst linebacking corps in the NFL. An OL would have been great, but there are only so many holes you can plug in one draft. It should obviously be top priority this offseason though.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    The difficulty of filling so many holes in the draft is why other avenues such as trades, waiver wire and fee agency might need exploring, but sell they did for the OL there was sign an injury prone guard who has been injured all season. They might have as well kept John Miller who had similar grades as a player, but I guess Xavier was a bit cheaper
    Yes, they need to be active in FA on offense this offseason. Williams and Hopkins will be back. Hopefully Michael Jordan continues to improve (he graded very well against Cleveland). That would mean they have 2 line spots to fill. That should be very doable between FA and the draft. They probably need a WR in draft or FA too since AJ is probably not on the roster in 2021.

Supposedly the Packers have called about AJ Green...not sure how accurate the report as it was on a FF podcast.

Turn Off Ads?