Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 1004

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

  1. #856
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,832

    Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Not sure what happened in Buffalo, but they had just give Spain a big contract. He has been really good in recent years.
    Ford took his starting spot and they wanted to find help on the defensive side of the ball.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #857
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    28,366

    Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    You site QBR as your go to stat to be critical of Burrow in previous posts...often comparing him to Klingler or Leaf which is comical.

    His QBR today was 112.

    For the year he is at 85 anything above 75 is considered pro bowl caliber...

    Kid is doing this as a rookie with no training camp, and he gets better each week.

    Pretty good and this performance do not belong in the same sentence he was excellent today.


    Shame he has to suffer with this defense
    You nailed it!

    I do not understand how any fan can be critical of Burrow's performance at this stage as a ROOKIE behind a bad offensive line, and a poor team in general. I've watched every Bengal's game this year, and the way this kid carries himself, his poise, fall back/quick release, the way he quickly reads defenses, decison-making - this kid is smooth, and the real deal.

    Yeah, both of these teams have defensive secondary issues. Especially the Browns. But you still have to make the throws.... Boyd 11 Recs for 101, Green 7 Recs for 82, Higgins 5 Rec for 71. Boyd and Higgins put on a show yesterday.

    The Bengals didn't lose yesterday because of Burrows. He did everything he could do. The only reason they lost was because the clock ran out, because neither of these teams defenses could stop anyone! LOL So where should that blame go?

    You went into the game without your starting RB, and a key defenisve player. Then during the game your offensive linemen were dropping (Williams, Hopkins), yet I was amazed at the protection they were giving Burrow during the game.

    The Bengals definitely have their QB. You also have some solid receivers. Yes, there are other issues to address, but again, the reason they got the #1 pick was because they were the worst team in the NFL last year. Getting a solid QB like Burrow is a big step. Now fix the O-line.

    But quit doubting Burrow (some of you). Even Moses needed help to get to the Promised Land.

    Finally .... I like Mayfield. He's a fierce competitor. The guy has had three different HCs and offensive coordinators in the three years he's been here. I think Stefanski has implemented the right offensive scheme (run-oriented) in which Mayfield can prosper and succeed. But having said that, and if I had a choice? I'd take Burrow as my QB over Mayfield. He's that good!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  4. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (10-27-2020)

  5. #858
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    459

    Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The Bengals arenít in the business of making other teams better.
    Does Dunlap make another team better?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Likes:

    forfreelin04 (10-26-2020)

  7. #859
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    459

    Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

    It's really hard for me to form an opinion on Zac Taylor. This team is significantly better than last year, and the offense is getting better every week (outside of Baltimore). This is with a rookie QB, a bad offensive line, and good but not great skill players. But they've had a chance to win 5 games and have only won 1. Is that a coaching issue or just a result of having much worse overall talent than every team that they've lost to? I like a lot of what he's done, but at some point you have to win some of these games. I would love to get a high draft pick next year so that we'd be in a position to draft Sewell, but I think that this team also needs to get a few wins just to build some confidence and learn how to win.

    The OL has been getting much better, even though there are still some breakdowns. Burrow took some sacks yesterday, but most of them were on him for holding the ball too long. It's still not a good unit, but I don't feel as worried for Burrow as I did the first few games. Hopefully Williams, Hopkins, and Hart are not out long though because that would be a problem. For as much criticism as Hart takes, and it's mostly fair, he was the highest graded offensive player yesterday, and Jordan was second.

    Lou hasn't done anything to make me think he's a good DC, but right now this is a bottom 5 defense in terms of talent. Missing Hubbard, Reader, Jackson, and Waynes, plus Dunlap being terrible and Atkins limited by injury, it's basically Lawson and Bates. I don't know what any DC could do with this team. They may give up 50 to Tennessee next week. Hopefully at least Jackson will be back to cover AJ Brown.

  8. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (10-27-2020),UKFlounder (10-26-2020)

  9. #860
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,832

    Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

    Over/Under on Henry's rushing yds. has to be at 150...

    Also interesting to note Bobby Hart's PFF grade has inched up to 70 on the season
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  10. #861
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,201

    Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

    I don't know what to think about Taylor, I think you give him another season. The most important thing with Taylor is the development of Burrow, which has been going as good as could have hoped.

    Lou needs to be fired, and to be honest I don't think its all him, but as a HC, the performance out of the D has been unacceptable. It Atkins needs surgery, its time to shut it down and get surgery. Dunlap needs to be traded or released. Its a shame his time has come to an end like this, but he is a cancer in the clubhouse and his performance has been terrible.

    That was Burrow's best game. It was the first time he has led the team on go ahead scoring drive in the 4th quarter. They just left too much time on the clock. That drive will go along with for Burrow going forward.

    The team just has too many holes right now to see the light at the end of the tunnel. They badly need help on both lines. Going forward I think they have to sign WJ3, must focus solely on the OL and DL in the draft, and hope they can find a gem at WR late in the draft or in FA.

  11. #862
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,832

    Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

    Top 3 and bottom 3 PFF scores for both sides of the ball

    Defense

    DL Margus Hunt: 72.3
    DL Khalid Kareem: 70.8
    LB Logan Wilson: 67.5

    Bottom three defense:

    DL Carl Lawson: 42.6
    CB LeShaun Sims: 43.9
    S Vonn Bell: 46.6

    Offense
    RT Bobby Hart: 83.6
    LG Michael Jordan: 75.3
    WR Tyler Boyd: 73.1

    Bottom three offense:

    Fred Johnson: 42.5
    Semaje Perine: 55.4
    Mason Schreck: 59.7
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  12. Likes:

    Kingspoint (10-27-2020),Revering4Blue (10-27-2020),RiverRat13 (10-26-2020)

  13. #863
    Winning is fun.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,580

    Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

    Lou needs to go. The problem is who is going to come in as a coordinator next year when Taylor will have little job security? That's why I think it is tough to keep Taylor.

    It has been reported that Taylor got the job in part because he agreed with the front office that the roster was more talented than Marvin's six wins in 2018. So if Mike/Katie/Troy were be logical in assessing their franchise, if they keep Taylor, then they have to believe the roster is lacking. And if the roster is lacking, then Tobin and what little help he has needs to go.

  14. #864
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't know what to think about Taylor, I think you give him another season. The most important thing with Taylor is the development of Burrow, which has been going as good as could have hoped.

    Lou needs to be fired, and to be honest I don't think its all him, but as a HC, the performance out of the D has been unacceptable. It Atkins needs surgery, its time to shut it down and get surgery. Dunlap needs to be traded or released. Its a shame his time has come to an end like this, but he is a cancer in the clubhouse and his performance has been terrible.

    That was Burrow's best game. It was the first time he has led the team on go ahead scoring drive in the 4th quarter. They just left too much time on the clock. That drive will go along with for Burrow going forward.

    The team just has too many holes right now to see the light at the end of the tunnel. They badly need help on both lines. Going forward I think they have to sign WJ3, must focus solely on the OL and DL in the draft, and hope they can find a gem at WR late in the draft or in FA.
    WJ3 is Johnathan Joseph all over again, IMO.

    Also, Taylor 100% should have went with Aubrey Pleasant as DC (Rams DB coach) when he had the chance.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

  15. #865
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,407

    Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't know what to think about Taylor, I think you give him another season. The most important thing with Taylor is the development of Burrow, which has been going as good as could have hoped.

    Lou needs to be fired, and to be honest I don't think its all him, but as a HC, the performance out of the D has been unacceptable. It Atkins needs surgery, its time to shut it down and get surgery. Dunlap needs to be traded or released. Its a shame his time has come to an end like this, but he is a cancer in the clubhouse and his performance has been terrible.

    That was Burrow's best game. It was the first time he has led the team on go ahead scoring drive in the 4th quarter. They just left too much time on the clock. That drive will go along with for Burrow going forward.

    The team just has too many holes right now to see the light at the end of the tunnel. They badly need help on both lines. Going forward I think they have to sign WJ3, must focus solely on the OL and DL in the draft, and hope they can find a gem at WR late in the draft or in FA.
    The Bengals still have five very winnable games left on the schedule (Wash, NYG, Miami, Dallas, and Houston). No chance with Tennessee, Pitt x2, or Baltimore (unless they rest everybody). If they go at least 3-2 in those five winnable games, I think Taylor gets another year. Anything worse and I don't see how you keep him.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

  16. #866
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,832

    Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    The Bengals still have five very winnable games left on the schedule (Wash, NYG, Miami, Dallas, and Houston). No chance with Tennessee, Pitt x2, or Baltimore (unless they rest everybody). If they go at least 3-2 in those five winnable games, I think Taylor gets another year. Anything worse and I don't see how you keep him.
    Tough as the offense has shown improvement to the point where you feel they can score 30 each week...I just don't see how that defense is going to get better...I do think the magic number is 4 for him to get another year.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  17. #867
    Member forfreelin04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Beavercreek, OH
    Posts
    1,377

    Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

    Might be a pipedream, but I hope the Bengals continue to lose. Burrow will continue to look awesome I'm sure, but maybe just maybe they can have 3 wins or less which would guarantee a high draft pick and increase the likelihood that Taylor and his staff will be let go.

    With Burrow and the skill players, I can't imagine there isn't someone who doesn't want that job. Someone with a higher profile and a better network of coordinators who can be brought in for 2021.

  18. Likes:

    Kingspoint (10-27-2020)

  19. #868
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,832

    Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

    Interesting what has not been said so far....no one on the defensive side of the ball has come to Lou's defense after all of this...that speaks volumes without saying a word.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  20. Likes:

    redsfandan (10-26-2020),UKFlounder (10-26-2020)

  21. #869
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    28,366

    Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Lou needs to go. The problem is who is going to come in as a coordinator next year when Taylor will have little job security? That's why I think it is tough to keep Taylor.

    It has been reported that Taylor got the job in part because he agreed with the front office that the roster was more talented than Marvin's six wins in 2018. So if Mike/Katie/Troy were be logical in assessing their franchise, if they keep Taylor, then they have to believe the roster is lacking. And if the roster is lacking, then Tobin and what little help he has needs to go.
    I'm not saying that the Brown kids aren't doing things differently then Daddy; but I think one thing they won't do, did learn from him, is not to be so quick in changing head coaches. Especially since it was their decision - and first one at hiring a HC - to give this new, young coach his first HC gig. And especially since this is only his second season. One has to take into consideration what he stepped into, what he inherited talent-wise, when he accepted this job. How much time should he be allowed?

    As far as bringing in a defensive coordinator? If he has a solid resume, is a HC candidate hopeful, then that may be a good thing.



    Taylor got his QB, and also has some other valuable pieces (assets) on both offense and defense. Both areas also though have obvious, glaring holes that need to be addressed. If some of them aren't via next draft, then I could see him being on the hot-seat at that point.

    But fixing this offensive line would go a huge way.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-26-2020 at 04:54 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  22. #870
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,832

    Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I'm not saying that the Brown kids aren't doing things differently then Daddy; but I think one thing they won't do, did learn from him, is not to be so quick in changing head coaches. Especially since it was their decision - and first one at hiring a HC - to give this new, young coach his first HC gig. And especially since this is only his second season. One has to take into consideration what he stepped into, what he inherited talent-wise, when he accepted this job. How much time should he be allowed?

    As far as bringing in a defensive coordinator? If he has a solid resume, is a HC candidate hopeful, then that may be a good thing.



    Taylor got his QB, and also has some other valuable pieces (assets) on both offense and defense. Both areas also though have obvious, glaring holes that need to be addressed. If some of them aren't via next draft, then I could see him being on the hot-seat at that point.

    But fixing this offensive line would go a huge way.
    Agreed I think canning Taylor would set Burrow back change isn't a good thing for a young QB...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  23. Likes:

    GAC (10-27-2020)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator