Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Burrow's QBR was 49.8 going into this week.

Thanks to you both I was looking at Yahoo stats and ESPN at the same time...I blame the wine I just poured.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Likes:

Boss-Hog (10-25-2020),UKFlounder (10-25-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Coslet quit, and Shula was a mercy firing.

Everything else has been "business as usual" in regard to retaining bad coaches until their contracts are up.

Taylor may very well end up being a mercy firing too, but that won't be until the end of next season at the earliest. Then what's left of Burrow at that point?
    Not sure what they do with Taylor...I would imagine they would talk to Burrow to get his input as this would effect him the most out of all the players as the offense would be totally new to him as Callahan would most likely be gone as well.

I do think we will see changes at D someone always gets sacrificed

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    You site QBR as your go to stat to be critical of Burrow in previous posts...often comparing him to Klingler or Leaf which is comical.

His QBR today was 112.

For the year he is at 85 anything above 75 is considered pro bowl caliber...

Eh...there's only 3 QB's in the league this year with a rating below 75...guess Hawaii's gonna be crowded this year.

Ryan Tannehill and Derek Carr have ratings for the season that are higher than Burrow's was for this game. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    Eh...there's only 3 QB's in the league this year with a rating below 75...guess Hawaii's gonna be crowded this year.

Ryan Tannehill and Derek Carr have ratings for the season that are higher than Burrow's was for this game. Just sayin.
    ''

Again Burrow has done something no other rookie has done ever in the history of the NFL

3 passing TD's

1 rushing

while throwing for over 400 yds

allow that to sink in while you mull a performance that you deem pretty good.

Gotta get rid of Dunlap asap. Don't really care how, but he is not close to good enough to deal with the nonsense.

8. Likes:

RiverRat13 (10-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Gotta get rid of Dunlap asap. Don't really care how, but he is not close to good enough to deal with the nonsense.
    Boyd spoke out as did others

“For him to do that on the sideline, I don’t agree with it.”

This locker room is fed up with his nonsense.
    Sad way to go out always liked Dunlap and he did a ton for the community.

I would expect to see him cut or suspended.

10. Likes:

Stray (10-25-2020)

It’s happens even in Pittsburgh were players force themselves out so it’s not just a Bengals dysfunction issue. The sad part is it gets to this point. And Lou was a 3rd choice for DC so I’m not siding with him either and his trying to fit square peg in round hole philosophy of defense. He should be fired as well.

Interesting stat Lance threw out..

Burrow threw the ball 22 times with 3 back up lineman and was sacked 0 times.

Unfortunately I think it just muddy's the waters...Spain is set to visit so hopefully they chain him to a desk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    It’s happens even in Pittsburgh were players force themselves out so it’s not just a Bengals dysfunction issue. The sad part is it gets to this point. And Lou was a 3rd choice for DC so I’m not siding with him either and his trying to fit square peg in round hole philosophy of defense. He should be fired as well.
    The Steelers players who did did so with the intention of joining the Patriots.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

14. Likes:

RiverRat13 (10-25-2020)

Interesting stat Lance threw out..

Burrow threw the ball 22 times with 3 back up lineman and was sacked 0 times.

Unfortunately I think it just muddy's the waters...Spain is set to visit so hopefully they chain him to a desk
    I'm not going to say the backups are good, but Johnson and Price did at least get to play the positions they are best at. That had to have helped.

Zac had some good blitz busters called today, which also helped.

16. Likes:

UKFlounder (10-25-2020)

Last year, I was complaining when the offense was getting 17 points per game.

This year, despite my remarks about them liking FG attempts and needing more TDS, I acknowledge that the offense has usually been more productive, even with a struggling OL. Burrow obviously is a huge reason for that, but I have to give Zac credit too for doing better with that shiny new toy. It is still a bad team, but the offense has shown life (though is it fair to question the competition so far?)

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Last year, I was complaining when the offense was getting 17 points per game.

This year, despite my remarks about them liking FG attempts and needing more TDS, I acknowledge that the offense has usually been more productive, even with a struggling OL. Burrow obviously is a huge reason for that, but I have to give Zac credit too for doing better with that shiny new toy. It is still a bad team, but the offense has shown life (though is it fair to question the competition so far?)
    Fair point...and I do agree the O gets better each week as they develop more chemistry together.

SD has a good defense or at least when they played us...Jax did score 29 on them today.
    Indy is well coached and is above average...

Baltimore thrashed us...we know ow good that D is.

Cleveland is below average with 2 good players on D
    Philly has a good pass rush and not much else...

19. Likes:

UKFlounder (10-25-2020)

Can't get over how good Burrow has been. Nothing about his game looks like a rookie.

21. Likes:

membengal (10-26-2020)

Sad way to go out always liked Dunlap and he did a ton for the community.
    Yeah he did a lot of great things here, it's sad to see him end his run here like this. I can get being upset about playing time or lack of communication, but the moment you take it public and start throwing temper tantrums it's over. I'd have respected it if he quietly request a trade or release, but not this.

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

O-line help could be on the way for the #Bengals: Former #Bills G Quinton Spain is heading to Cincy to visit this week, source said. A potential ex-starter added to the mix.

12:39 PM · Oct 25, 2020
    Not sure what happened in Buffalo, but they had just give Spain a big contract. He has been really good in recent years.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?