Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think too often we get lost in the W-L and not look at the development. The Bengals would be better off this season with Dalton, but Burrow should be the far better QB in the long run. The best thing they can do this year is get another high draft pick to build the line. Give Burrow the year of development as well as full offseason to get ready for 2021.
    Best thing the Colts ever did was go 2-14 in Peyton's rookie season so they could take LT Tony Boselli with their 1st pick. Of course it helped having the league's best Offensive Line Coach for a decade.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I can't see the Bengals getting much for Ross, Dunlap or Geno in trades, but they should still be willing to deal them. The two vets would save a few million in cap money this year that they could roll over. Even if they got say two 6ths and a 7th, they could use one or two of those in the offseason to trade for someone else's unneeded vet.
    Bengals are always willing to fleece someone. They are never willing to deal. That's why nobody bothers to even call them up to inquire about a player. Waste of time.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Best thing the Colts ever did was go 2-14 in Peyton's rookie season so they could take LT Tony Boselli with their 1st pick. Of course it helped having the league's best Offensive Line Coach for a decade.
    Tony Boselli was drafted by the Jags and later taken in the expansion draft by the Texans, so you must be thinking of someone else.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Tony Boselli was drafted by the Jags and later taken in the expansion draft by the Texans, so you must be thinking of someone else.
    I thought the Colts took Edgerrin James the year after Peyton.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I thought the Colts took Edgerrin James the year after Peyton.
    You are correct. In fact, the only offensive lineman selected by the Colts in the ‘99 draft was 3rd round pick Brandon Bulsworth from Arkansas, who was tragically killed in a car accident 11 days after the draft.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    You are correct. In fact, the only offensive lineman selected by the Colts in the ‘99 draft was 3rd round pick Brandon Bulsworth from Arkansas, who was tragically killed in a car accident 11 days after the draft.
    Yeah, I had the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor again.

Was thinking about Tarik Glenn getting drafted in the 1st Rd the year before Peyton. The shellshock from the next draft (Akili Smith and a group of garbage) distorted my memory permanently from that time period.

9. Likes:

Boss-Hog (10-21-2020),Revering4Blue (10-20-2020)

I think we could get a 4th for Atkins and I would be shopping him heavily to Buffalo...

Dunlap may net a 5th or a 6th...

Supposedly they were in talks to deal Green but after last week I am sure the price went up a bit
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I think we could get a 4th for Atkins and I would be shopping him heavily to Buffalo...

Dunlap may net a 5th or a 6th...

Supposedly they were in talks to deal Green but after last week I am sure the price went up a bit
    Do you honestly think we're going to do anything? We didn't move Green when his price was the highest and Dunlap should've been traded before the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Do you honestly think we're going to do anything? We didn't move Green when his price was the highest and Dunlap should've been traded before the season.
    Do you believe Green who had not played in 18 months was netting anything higher than a 5th or 6th round pick last season...he didn't play a single snap last season I am sure teams were willing to give up assets to have AJ look good in a locker room.

If you as on ORG. state publicly that Atkins and Dunlap do not fit a 3/4 defense then I am thinking you want them moved.

I 100% agree that both Atkins and Dunlap should have been moved last season.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Do you believe Green who had not played in 18 months was netting anything higher than a 5th or 6th round pick last season...he didn't play a single snap last season I am sure teams were willing to give up assets to have AJ look good in a locker room.

If you as on ORG. state publicly that Atkins and Dunlap do not fit a 3/4 defense then I am thinking you want them moved.

I 100% agree that both Atkins and Dunlap should have been moved last season.
    Disagree with you about Green. It was pretty obvious he was refusing to play because our organization is so terrible. He could've been moved had they chosen to.

Goodberry think the Bengals could get a 4th for Geno. I think that's optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Goodberry think the Bengals could get a 4th for Geno. I think that's optimistic.
    A lot of teams are thin at DT...Bills have been pummeled last 2 weeks by Tenn and KC, so that would be who I would call first...but there should be a market for him.

16. Likes:

RiverRat13 (10-21-2020)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

OG Quinton Spain just released by Buffalo. One of their better lineman last year, 0 sacks allowed. Odd release, considering he just signed a 3-year deal in March, but the Bengals should definitely be looking into him.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-21-2020),redsfandan (10-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    OG Quinton Spain just released by Buffalo. One of their better lineman last year, 0 sacks allowed. Odd release, considering he just signed a 3-year deal in March, but the Bengals should definitely be looking into him.
    Money move. They take a $3.4M cap hit, but save a million and a half by cutting him. He was injured so they were getting nothing out of him.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

He has been a healthy scratch for most of the year. Cody Ford, the converted guard who replaced him, is injured and now they have a hole at LG. For a contending team like the Bills, it's a head scratcher, especially considering neither Ford or their RG Brian Winters have played especially well this year.

On the same subject, the Bills traded Wyatt Teller and a 7th round pick last year to the Browns for a 5th/6th rounder. He has been a game changer for the Browns this season. The Bengals should be making these kind of little trades.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

21. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-22-2020)

Turn Off Ads?