Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Great win.

Interesting that this version of the oline has already outperformed the others. But yeah, great win.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-01-2020),Tony Cloninger (11-01-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I would not have complained about a run. It would have been the “by the book” call just like Jeremy Hill running it in 2015. Most coaches would have ran it

But this team was 1-5-1 and has lost a lot of close games. We lost when a short field goal was missed against the Chargers, tied against the Eagles with a play-it safe offense late and lost last week when the defense could not play well for 1 minute.

This team needed to win and I think being aggressive instead of predictable was a fine call. Yes, they got lucky with the call, but I’ll accept that for once

I see your point but think throwing it there was an acceptable choice

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    On that drive? No. You’re deep in your territory. Any turnover is disastrous. Punt it deep and force them to use clock. They need two scores, not 1. Be aggressive if it’s a 1 score game or more towardiddle of the field.

5. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Pretty amazing game in when you replace 4 of the 5 OL and still come out with a great win against a good team
    The Titans have one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL, but still a great job by the OL. That unit has gotten better throughout the year, like it did last year. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes:

I love Mixon but based on the last few weeks you start to wonder does Zac’s offense work better with Gio in the backfield.

9. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (11-01-2020),Kingspoint (11-01-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Definitely seeing flashes of what will come over the next 5-15 years.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Great win.

Interesting that this version of the oline has already outperformed the others. But yeah, great win.
    Add Jonah Taylor to this group and they start to put something together. Bobby Hart as a run-blocker has been good. Hopkins can contribute, too.

That they will be able to really put a good group on the field for once after the bye is encouraging. Find the new five guys and let them get some continuity.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

It was a bad throw by Burrow but the call didn't help. I knew it was coming and so did the LB. The jump ball to Tate where there was little chance of a pick was the better call.

I love Mixon but based on the last few weeks you start to wonder does Zac’s offense work better with Gio in the backfield.
    I would never had paid Mixon and I like Gio. But the last two weeks they've played bad defensive lines except Cleveland has Garrett. It will be a whole different story in two weeks with the Steelers.
    Last edited by RiverRat13; 11-02-2020 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    It was a bad throw by Burrow but the call didn't help. I knew it was coming and so did the LB. The jump ball to Tate where there was little chance of a pick was the better call.
    Green still isn't putting in 100% effort out there. Maybe this win will get him to join the team.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Super win!

Nothing,...absolutely nothing, helps the team more than wins. Confidence is everything. Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds doubt.

16. Likes:

RiverRat13 (11-01-2020)

Billy Price with a game ball today...

Jessie Bates: "I don’t think a lot of people expected us to win today. This locker room knows that. And we don’t really care."
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Green still isn't putting in 100% effort out there. Maybe this win will get him to join the team.
    Burrow passes the ball around and when Green isn't involved he seems to go through the motions...most #1's are like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Burrow passes the ball around and when Green isn't involved he seems to go through the motions...most #1's are like this.
    He's not only not a #1, but he's not even close to a #2.

21. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-02-2020)

The offense has also been cranking with Mixon.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    He's not only not a #1, but he's not even close to a #2.
    Well I am not 18 anymore but I still think like it from time to time...

24. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-02-2020),Kingspoint (11-01-2020)

Turn Off Ads?