Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    I love Mixon but based on the last few weeks you start to wonder does Zac’s offense work better with Gio in the backfield.
    I was thinking the same thing. He runs harder than you would expect for his size, and he's shiftier. Hopefully he at least starts to get more snaps even when Mixon is healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Turn Off Ads?

https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/stat...27132285652997

Jeremy Rauch
    @FOX19Jeremy
    ·
    20m
    The #Bengals have scored 30 points/more in 5 of 8 games.

That's with...
    * AJ Green's slow start
    * Auden Tate trade rumors
    * A TON of moving parts on the offensive line
    * Joe Mixon missing games
    * The John Ross situation

Joe Burrow is a franchise changer.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Rauch

The #Bengals are 4-5-1 in Zac Taylor's last 10 games as a head coach.

4 of the 5 losses were by an average of 3.75 points.
    Baby steps.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Best game by the Bengals on both sides of the ball in three or four years when you take into account how well Tannehill and the Titans have played over their last 18 games.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-01-2020),UKFlounder (11-01-2020)

Curious to see what the OL will look like in two weeks against Pittsburgh. Assuming Hopkins, Jordan, Williams, and Hart can come back, do they all get their spots back?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Curious to see what the OL will look like in two weeks against Pittsburgh. Assuming Hopkins, Jordan, Williams, and Hart can come back, do they all get their spots back?
    If everyone is healthy, I'd say Spain replaces Redmond but everyone else gets their job back. It gets interesting if XSF is healthy, too. Redmond may go from starting back to the practice squad.

Hart likely going to be out awhile, from the murmuring of Lap mid-week.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Hart likely going to be out awhile, from the murmuring of Lap mid-week.
    That was what I initially figured, but if that's the case, why didn't they put him on IR? Didn't need the spot, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Should Burrow have any say in this? Burrow has indicated (on twitter) that he and ZT have a good relationship and communicate well together. Should ZT ask Burrow? Will he? If he doesn't, should Burrow speak up if he feels like ZT isn't putting the best linemen out there? Joe has to depend on these guys, it seems to me that his opinion (let's say, for example, that he prefers Price @ Center) should carry ALOT of weight.

Tenn is below average in regards to rushing the passer...huge reason Tenn can't get off the field on 3rd down. Hart will be out vs Pitts that is a given.

Jonah should be back
    Johnson will start at the other tackle

After that you look at the tape and make a decision with input from Burrow. Price, Hopkins and Spain can all play on the inside, as can Finney who just got here. I wonder if they would consider moving Hopkins back to guard, and letting Price get some momentum going. It's not a problem we are used to having here...but they need to make a decision quick so they can gel as Pitts is not Tenn on defense.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

They didn’t put Geno on the IR at the start of this year and didn’t put A.J. on it for most of last year.

Of course, they do still have a 2nd kicker on the roster (though perhaps in the age of COVID protocols, that might be understandable.)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    That was what I initially figured, but if that's the case, why didn't they put him on IR? Didn't need the spot, I guess?

14. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I think with the bye coming, they are leaving open the possibility that he might be back a few week from now? Dunno.

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I think with the bye coming, they are leaving open the possibility that he might be back a few week from now? Dunno.
    Right, but IR this year is only a three week minimum. It's most likely that they decided they weren't going to use his open spot, so he's not going to IR even though he'll be out a minimum of three weeks (two games).

Right - 3 weeks -but with the bye they may be hoping he gets back quicker than that.

Turn Off Ads?