Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-18-20 Reds vs White Sox

Re: 9-18-20 Reds vs White Sox

Reds need 2 of 3. No less. No excuses. Get it done

2. Likes:

Phoenix2 (09-18-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Reds really need to go 5-4 over these last 9. I think the Brewers series is especially important. A sweep in that one would be huge.

5. Likes:

Phoenix2 (09-18-2020),Tom Servo (09-18-2020)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    RHP R.J. Alaniz was optioned to the alternate site to make room for Suarez. OF Nick Williams, who was DFA'd last week, cleared waivers and remains in the organization. #Reds

The white sox starter had never pitched above high A ball until last week

Quote Originally Posted by JP321 View Post
    I think fans need to realize Stephenson isnt going to start a game. He is strictly going to be a bench bat at this point. We are in the thick of playoff race and we arent going to put that kind of pressure on him now. I would love to see him too, but I dont see Bell doing that.
    Yeah, I am fine with that. And I've been screaming for Stephenson and Garcia all season long. It makes sense with the way Casali/Barnhart have been handling the staff. Plus, Casali looks pretty good at the plate and Tucker is back on track. I think Stephenson is a much more dangerous weapon at the plate overall, but there are a lot of factors that go into the starting catcher decision. And as we all know Bell is okay with pulling a switch mid-game, even at C, so Tyler will get some abs.

Glad to see they're sticking with Garcia at least. He's as good as Galvis is at the plate and a much better defensive option. And Galvis is better player in a bench role.

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    #Reds rotation this weekend: Tyler Mahle tonight, Trevor Bauer on Saturday, Michael Lorenzen on Sunday.

10. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Would be big to win this one.
    This will be a tough game to win. Mahle is prone to giving up home runs, and the Sox hit a lot of them. Just hope the offense can beat up on the Sox rookie.

12. Likes:

Phoenix2 (09-18-2020),TexasRedsFan (09-18-2020)

Lorenzen was great on Tuesday....but the Reds really better win the first two!

14. Likes:

TexasRedsFan (09-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I really hate to agree with David Bell, but:

The options at SS are way worse than the options at Catcher. Garcia is far and away the best defensive player. He should play every game the rest of the way IMO. I don't care if he goes 0 for the rest of the season.

At Catcher, Casali and Barnhart are established with the staff and both strong defenders. Hard to take that out of the line-up in hopes of a kid who has had 14 big league PAs can boost the offense. If the top 7, who should all produce some offense, fall flat, whatever marginal offense they may get from Stephenson and Galvis isn't going to help. If those guys hit, then the offense from SS and Catcher isn't going to matter. I'd rather see Stephenson as well, bit now is not the time IMO.
    Which is fine, but that's a completely different discussion than worried about putting that kind of pressure on Stephenson vs. Garcia.

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    David Bell said Sonny Gray could return from IL and start in the next series vs. Brewers and Trevor Bauer could start on short rest for his next start depending on how things look after this weekend. So it's possible he makes 3 more starts this year. #Reds

17. Likes:

bounty37h (09-18-2020),Tom Servo (09-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Lorenzen was great on Tuesday....but the Reds really better win the first two!
    Or have a REALLY rested bullpen on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by JP321 View Post
    I may get killed for this, but I would be playing Kyle Farmer. Why he doesnt get opportunities is beyond me. Hes a decent glove and has been a good bat this yr. Maybe he doesnt have the range for SS, I dunno, but hes a flat out ballplayer.
    Look at Farmer's career stats, also bearing in mimd he is 29.

He isn't a good hitter.

Will be watching game from the campground tonight via FoxSportsGo. It was a blast watching it there opening day. I will be sporting my 2010 Playoffs hoodie since it will be a little chilly.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

21. Likes:

Mitri (09-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Will be watching game from the campground tonight via FoxSportsGo. It was a blast watching it there opening day. I will be sporting my 2010 Playoffs hoodie since it will be a little chilly.
    Camping and baseball, sounds perfect.

23. Likes:

goreds2 (09-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    Look at Farmer's career stats, also bearing in mimd he is 29.

He isn't a good hitter.
    mth has convinced me that Farmer is worthy of the 26th roster spot. But he's not a starter on a team playing meaningful games in the playoff hunt.

Turn Off Ads?