Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

The 2020 NFL Season

Time to get this thread started.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

It's not often you see contract done smartly in favor of a player in the NFL, but whoever is this guy's agent, I would switch to him if I were a player.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

ESPN's Courtney Cronin reports Vikings DE Everson Griffen will void the remainder of his contract.

Per Cronin, "Griffen met two figures that voided the final three years of his contract (2020-22) by tallying six or more sacks and playing 57% or more of the snaps last season, and he exercised the right to opt out of his deal." The Vikings' stud DE racked up 66 pressures in 2019 and formed one of the league's most-fearsome duos among edge rushers alongside Danielle Hunter. Minnesota has done a great job maintaining continuity on the defensive side of the ball in recent years, but it might cost them a pretty penny to do so this time around.

SOURCE: Courtney Cronin on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It's not often you see contract done smartly in favor of a player in the NFL, but whoever is this guy's agent, I would switch to him if I were a player.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

ESPN's Courtney Cronin reports Vikings DE Everson Griffen will void the remainder of his contract.

Per Cronin, "Griffen met two figures that voided the final three years of his contract (2020-22) by tallying six or more sacks and playing 57% or more of the snaps last season, and he exercised the right to opt out of his deal." The Vikings' stud DE racked up 66 pressures in 2019 and formed one of the league's most-fearsome duos among edge rushers alongside Danielle Hunter. Minnesota has done a great job maintaining continuity on the defensive side of the ball in recent years, but it might cost them a pretty penny to do so this time around.

SOURCE: Courtney Cronin on Twitter
    I've adopted my wife's Seahawks as my own, since the Bengals have basically alienated me with their idiocy. If Seattle doesn't sign Clowney (or even if they do) I hope they're all in on this guy.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I've adopted my wife's Seahawks as my own, since the Bengals have basically alienated me with their idiocy. If Seattle doesn't sign Clowney (or even if they do) I hope they're all in on this guy.
    For me, it's the Vikings.

6. Likes:

WrongVerb (02-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I switched teams in one sport one time in my life. I grew up a Bengals fan, and when I moved to Florida in the mid 90's, the Bucs were still losing, but the foundation was being built for the Superbowl team. Also, most of the Bengals players I grew up watching were gone (was not interested in the David Klingler era), so I made the switch....not sure I could do it again. Ironic thing was a guy named Jeff Blake took over at QB a year later, and was a local high school legend, so a lot of my new friends were kind of following the Bengals.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I switched teams in one sport one time in my life. I grew up a Bengals fan, and when I moved to Florida in the mid 90's, the Bucs were still losing, but the foundation was being built for the Superbowl team. Also, most of the Bengals players I grew up watching were gone (was not interested in the David Klingler era), so I made the switch....not sure I could do it again. Ironic thing was a guy named Jeff Blake took over at QB a year later, and was a local high school legend, so a lot of my new friends were kind of following the Bengals.
    I famously tried to switch off the Reds a few years ago. That didn't take, obviously. But my interest in the Bengals has really flipped in my mind from fanatical to perverse.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I never see Wyche get any credit for the foundation he started there. Always thought he was responsible for their turnaround. It takes someone special to change a franchise's losing attitude.

Former Browns left tackle Greg Robinson was busted in Texas for transporting 157 lbs of pot.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...es-drug-charge

Also, the NFL owners have accepted terms of a new CBA. Now it's up to the players. Highlights include a 17th game with a reduction in pre-season games to 3.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...oposed-new-cba
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Is this CBA something they've written up after joint meetings with the players or it this something that will likely serve as a starting point for negotiations?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I never see Wyche get any credit for the foundation he started there. Always thought he was responsible for their turnaround. It takes someone special to change a franchise's losing attitude.
    forgot to mention....him being the coach was another reason I switched. He clearly deserves more credit than he receives for getting the foundation of the defense in place. Nickerson, Brooks, Lynch and Sapp were all there under Sam. The truth is for whatever reason, history has tried to give Tony Dungy all of the credit for the Bucs during that era....and I can tell you many fans that was there week in and week out give Dungy the least. Most fans that I know feel Wyche would have had as much success as Dungy, and few believe the Bucs ever win the SuperBowl if Dungy is not fired.

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-22-2020)

rumor is the old logo is returning this year...

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Former Browns left tackle Greg Robinson was busted in Texas for transporting 157 lbs of pot.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...es-drug-charge

Also, the NFL owners have accepted terms of a new CBA. Now it's up to the players. Highlights include a 17th game with a reduction in pre-season games to 3.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...oposed-new-cba
    I like how the Owners say, "Hey, we'll lessen the penalty for smoking pot if you let us expose you to further brain damage on the season".

rumor is the old logo is returning this year...

It's one of the best. Love the old Patriots one. My favorite old one is the Jets.

18. Likes:

Todd Gack (02-22-2020)

From what I've read the NFL CBA proposal is pretty much agreed upon except for the 17th game...and that's a big sticking point. If you take that out then I'm sure the owners will pull back on the other dollars they're offering. Do the players want to swallow that 17th game or are they willing to take less money? It does not sound like either side is considering a work stoppage. If the players don't accept the 17th game then this will be tabled and they'll go back to the table next yr. Owners are threatening to offer less if they're forced to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    From what I've read the NFL CBA proposal is pretty much agreed upon except for the 17th game...and that's a big sticking point. If you take that out then I'm sure the owners will pull back on the other dollars they're offering. Do the players want to swallow that 17th game or are they willing to take less money? It does not sound like either side is considering a work stoppage. If the players don't accept the 17th game then this will be tabled and they'll go back to the table next yr. Owners are threatening to offer less if they're forced to do that
    Will there then be 2 bye weeks then if adding a 17th game? Add an extra game and bye week and only have 2 pre-season games?

Turn Off Ads?