Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Someone explain this to me

Re: Someone explain this to me

How's this for a theory? No one cares about the NFL this year and there is no big 10 football. Hence more attention goes to the Reds in Sept. Hence the Reds receive the love and attention and they seek and so they reward it with more feel good wins.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Maybe that's what it takes for the Reds to win it all. 2020 is our year! LOL
    The real questions is, what if the Reds win the World Series this year, do we take more 2020's....of course I'm kidding!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    The real questions is, what if the Reds win the World Series this year, do we take more 2020's....of course I'm kidding!!!
    Pretty much the rest of the country will point to the Reds winning the world series as another tragedy of 2020 along with Covid, the economy, the murder hornets, the Saharan dust storm and the West Coast Fires.

That doesn't even count the horrible torture inflicted on society that is the election. What a year.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

5. Likes:

bounty37h (09-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Pretty much the rest of the country will point to the Reds winning the world series as another tragedy of 2020 along with Covid, the economy, the murder hornets, the Saharan dust storm and the West Coast Fires.

That doesn't even count the horrible torture inflicted on society that is the election. What a year.
    I hope we can contribute to the rest of the country hating 2020.

I really only want Reds Country to be happy.

7. Likes:

goreds2 (09-22-2020),mth123 (09-22-2020),Revering4Blue (09-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    How's this for a theory? No one cares about the NFL this year and there is no big 10 football. .
    That's not the impression I got from the game threads up until two weeks ago, a lot of talk about how watching the Bengals will be so much better than watching "this mess".
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

The way this year is going, it'll only be a matter of days before we get indisputable proof of the existence of Sasquatch, Chupacabra, the Jersey Devil, and Jose Peraza taking a walk.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

10. Likes:

M2 (09-22-2020),Revering4Blue (09-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Jose Peraza taking a walk.
    Let's not get crazy here.

12. Likes:

klw (09-22-2020),Revering4Blue (09-22-2020),RichRed (09-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Jose Peraza taking a walk.
    I have never seen a fan base take an instant hating to a guy as quickly as Red Sox fans did for Jose Peraza. They groan at mere mention of his name.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

14. Likes:

mth123 (09-22-2020),Revering4Blue (09-22-2020),RichRed (09-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I have never seen a fan base take an instant hating to a guy as quickly as Red Sox fans did for Jose Peraza. They groan at mere mention of his name.
    He seemed to be a nice enough fellow and he plays hard. You could see on his face the effect that his failures had. You can’t fault his effort. But pitchers went after him like buzzards on a dying water buffalo. When he played SS, a ball would get hit over his way and I’d think “whew, we’re getting out of this inning” only to have him just start to appear into view as the ball went skittering into the outfield.

He’s just.... bad.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

16. Likes:

M2 (09-22-2020),mth123 (09-22-2020),Revering4Blue (09-22-2020)

Dad?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Smart fans.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Another theory: the team got better when Thom acted like a moron and the booth became Brennaman-free for the first time in several generations.

20. Likes:

CaiGuy (09-23-2020),M2 (09-22-2020),Ron Madden (09-22-2020),The Operator (09-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Another theory: the team got better when Thom acted like a moron and the booth became Brennaman-free for the first time in several generations.
    Now get rid of any hommage or reference to Pete Rose, and see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    How's this for a theory? No one cares about the NFL this year and there is no big 10 football. Hence more attention goes to the Reds in Sept. Hence the Reds receive the love and attention and they seek and so they reward it with more feel good wins.
    Whoa whoa, now. I'm quite excited to watch Joe Burrow, this is the most I've cared about the NFL in a long time.

Turn Off Ads?