Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: David Bell Needs to...Stay?

Re: David Bell Needs to...Stay?

Keep him and see how we start out the season next year.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Agree to disagree. I don't think this is true in this day and age. In the 60s and 70s, sure. Now, I think these types of decisions are made by the front office. The Manager is hired based on whether he agrees with the vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Yes. Exactly.
    And let's remember the context of how this season started.
    The Reds had just signed a bunch of OF.
    Winker was penciled in as a part time or platoon guy.
    Of course Winker is going to change his approach to make Bell or the "powers that be" happy.
    A guy in Winker's situation is going to follow orders so that he gains playing time instead of losing it.
    Note: I am not blaming Winker at all, I would have done the same thing in his situation.
    So what I get from these two posts is that Bell pretends to agree with and implement the front office vision to get and keep his job while Winker pretends to agree with and implement Bell's vision to get and keep his job. Is it no wonder that this offense is a mess?

4. Likes:

mth123 (10-02-2020),REDREAD (10-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    As David Bell walked to the team bus after the game yesterday, he encountered a woman who was in tears next to her car. Bell asked, "Ma'am, what's wrong?" The lady, sobbing, responded, "I have an important meeting in ten minutes and just noticed that I have a huge run in my stocking."

The concerned Bell jumped to action, asking "That's terrible. Is there anything I can do to help?"

The woman looked up, furrowed her brow, and said, "I don't think so. After all, you're the Reds manager, right? I'm pretty sure you don't even know what a run is."
    Classic my friend! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?